It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

AmyTx HB User
Found a lump on my ribs

I am 33 years old...Well for the past few months I have been experiencing pain on my back ribs (the lower right) on one of my floating ribs well I thought i t was due to a kidney infection well on friday I went to massage my back and I found a lump on my rib cage and it hurt not a painful hurt but like a pressure or discomfort and it was kinda long and slender.. my doctor got me in right away (I also have Lupus) and told me it was a "desmoid tumor" which i guess made me feel better that it was some type of fatty tumor.. but for some reason I am not 100% sure thats what it is since it aches so much...

Does anyone else here have Desmoid tumors and are they painful?? its right on my rib bone..

Last edited by AmyTx; 01-30-2005 at 01:56 PM.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User
Re: Found a lump on my ribs

From what I have read about desmoid tumors - they occur in children and pregnant women. I never knew they were linked to lupus.
I still think it warrants further investigation - either way.
An ultrsound or xray is warranted. Most tumors are biopsied to ensure that they are benign.
I'd check back in with your doc and let him know that it is still bothering you to see if he will pursue further testing. If not, maybe time for a second opinion.
Wishing you the best!
Post back and let us know what happens.
hrtofluv

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #3
(female)

jodster2468 HB User
Re: Found a lump on my ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyTx View Post
I am 33 years old...Well for the past few months I have been experiencing pain on my back ribs (the lower right) on one of my floating ribs well I thought i t was due to a kidney infection well on friday I went to massage my back and I found a lump on my rib cage and it hurt not a painful hurt but like a pressure or discomfort and it was kinda long and slender.. my doctor got me in right away (I also have Lupus) and told me it was a "desmoid tumor" which i guess made me feel better that it was some type of fatty tumor.. but for some reason I am not 100% sure thats what it is since it aches so much...

Does anyone else here have Desmoid tumors and are they painful?? its right on my rib bone..
I have had the same thing happen. On my right side just to the side of my breast. Had a long lump growing. It was painful to lay on. Had it checked out and biopsied. It was a desmoid. Although desmoids are benign they grow and weave in and out of the surrounding area. They took out a resection of 4 ribs and had to put a mesh patch in its place. Then move my lat muscle over the hole. Also had 25 treatments of radiation. That was in 2002. And have had to have cat scans every year since then. But was release last yr. Today am having back issues with pain. Just telling you that it is not something you want to wait on. Desmoids are not a fatty tumor. They are a growth that keeps on growing and intertwining. I am thinking of going to an orthopedic dr now. And would suggest getting different opinions from different drs.

Last edited by jodster2468; 05-29-2008 at 07:05 AM.

Closed Thread