It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
(female)

CorieLynn HB User
Pain behind knee

Hi,

I started having pain behind my right knee a few months ago. I don't remember an injury of any kind, but I started feeling a dull ache when I would squat down or bend my knee. Now, the pain is worse, but only hurts when I bend my knee as far as it will go(when exercising or squating down). I feel a sudden sharp pain when I bend it too far. It also aches sometimes when walking up stairs. The pain is located behind the knee and more to the right side. I did mention it to my PCP a few weeks ago during a physical and he didn't seem too concerned about it. He thought it was probably due to muscle strain and said it should go away on it's own eventually.

Any ideas as to what might cause this type of pain...only when bending the knee? Does this sound like muscle irritation even though it has lasted for over 3 months? I would appreciate any input.
Thanks,
C

Old 02-02-2005, 05:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Pain behind knee

Do you have any sort of a lump or anything that you can actually feel there?it could be that you are starting to form what is called a bakers cyst?I am currently dealing with one that has been with me for just over a year now.Do some research on the bakers and see if your symptoms sound the same.If you don't actually have the lump there at this time, it could be that it just has not gotten big enough that you can actually feel it.This is just a possibility for you to consider.It is the leading cause of "behind the knee pain".marcia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 07:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have this also. I don't know how it started but it is on the outside of the knee region to behind the knee.

Interestingly, I had this happen last year to the other knee. I went to a surgeon and he said I had some inflammation and to take Aleve for 2 weeks and then come back. It was much better after the two weeks, but not all the way better until April. This started in December. About 4 months.

The left knee started also in December and it still hurts. I like to walk about 4 miles a day and can't when this starts. I don't know if the winter cold does this or what.

Old 02-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
(female)

WilliamsMom HB User

Sounds like a bakers cyst to me. My husband had one and the pain was behind the knee and usually hurt when the knee was bent.

Closed Thread