It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2005, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

amanda78 HB User
Question Pain on right bottom ribs with a lump

OK, here is my problem, my daughter is 2 1/2 and when I was Pregnant with her I began having horrible pain under my right bottom ribs and I got the famous line "oh, that's just ligament pain" and gave me muscle relaxors and sent me on my way, after I had my daughter the pain got worse an worse I have ended up in the ER sooooooo many times for this pain I lost count, one says it is muscle pain and I went to PT for 6 weeks with no relief, another said it might be scar tissue from gallbladder removal, gave me med no relief again and the about 1 1/2 yr ago I went to another ER and they immediatly thought it was appenicitis and called down to surgery well in the mean time decided to do a CT scan and said it was not my appendix but that I had inflamation at my terminal illieum and gave me a referral to gastrointerology, well they did 2colonoscopy to confirm that there was nothing wrong with anything in that department so then I asked for a refferal to the GYN to make sure it was not a radiating pain from down in that part and everything ultrasounds, ect came back all normal, then I slipped on something and hurt my back so I had to go to neurology and they did a MRI and I did have a herniated disk which was taken care of with meds and therapy but the MRI showed nothing in the ribs then my DR decided she had no idea what it could be and gave me a refferal to general surgury and that A** took one look at me for 5 min and said I am sorry but it looks like they have done all test on you and you just do not look like a good canidate for exploatory surgery, I broke down and cried right there and all he could say is I am sorry, yes whatever A**,that was last SEPT well here I am now and this pain is back more then ever and the lump is like sitting OVER my right 3 bottom ribs and yes it moves among the 3 and it is very tender but I dont know what else to do, I am a navy wife and so I basically have been to all the Docs and wonder what good it will do to go back thru them all again, does anyone have any idea what this might be, I am scared and very uncomfortable. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User
Re: Pain on right bottom ribs with a lump

Sweetheart,
So sorry for your horrible ordeal. I have no experience or advice to give you other than to seek a 4th or 5th opinion until someone can get to the bottom of this.
You should not live in daily pain - no one should.
I can only let you know that I am here and there are others here that will give you the much needed support you are seeking.
Hopefully someone has some answers for you soon!
Keep us posted.
hrtofluv

Old 02-26-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello Amanda,

Wow, I am reading about myself in connection with the actual symptoms. I have not gone through any of the tests that you have, but was initially told that it was caused because of problems with my spine. I don't think so!! I went to see a consultant last week who agreed that "oh, there is something going on there". I am awaiting a scan, so when I get a result I will definitely post here to let you know.

It was intimated that it could be kidneys, or liver, but I have lupus and I have quite a lot of different inflammation going on in my body at various times, so this could be one reason for it. That is just me though.

In the meantime, keep well.

goldenwings

Old 03-09-2005, 04:56 AM   #4
(female)

patricia14 HB User
Arrow Re: Fibromyalgia?

This is my first time visiting, as I read through some of theses messages, it seems like i'm reading about myself.

Amanda78-I have the same pain in my ribs also, but I also have pain/lumps in my neck, right hip, lower back and if you touch me along my spine, I'll probally go threw the roof. I did fracture my lower back years ago, of course the doctors say it's arthritis and degenitive disc disease and fibromyalgia. But, It seems to be spreading, it started in my lower back, now it's in my right hip, there is one spot in the middle of my spine that's extremley painful now, all along my whole spine, neck, ribs, collar bones, and now the last few months it's starting in my shoulders. I also have a lump on the top of my right foot. The odd thing is that most of the pain and lumps are on the right side of my body. I squeak, click, snap and the sound of your bones cracking when you try to stretch it awful...and my doctor will not order a bone scan, what's up with that? Disability? Anyone else having trouble with that too?

Patricia14

Old 03-09-2005, 07:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

goldenwings HB User

Hello Amanda,

I posted ages ago, but as promised at that time I will bring you up to date with my ongoing lumpy right ribs. I had heated discussions with the medical profession because I knew my problems were not anything to do with my out of line, very painful spine.

My scan came back positive for lumps in my gallbladder -- not stones as is normal, but masses of lumps. Now herein lies the problem. It has to be determined the actual severity of these, but I can only have surgery in the most extreme circumstances. I have a blood clotting disease that causes lots of problems, so I too am in a bit of a pickle. How do they determine what the lumps are? Maybe a biopsy. They have an idea of what is going on, but if it is what they think it is, they have to obviously come out. I noted you had had your gallbladder removed, so maybe this won't be of any use to you. It is what is causing my swelling and right rib pain.

I now have to wait to see my third doctor regarding this. The waiting is so frightening. I am trying to be strong, but I am really worried. I stopped coming to the forums here (I have many medical conditions so post a lot he he), then decided that I needed to come back to help others I hope, and also to take my mind off my own problem.

You do really need to press for an ultrasound scan, it is the only way I was proven right about my problems.

Keep well.

goldenwings

Last edited by goldenwings; 03-09-2005 at 10:31 AM.

Closed Thread