It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2005, 07:43 PM   #1
(male)

clover_eyed HB User
Crackling knee?

Hi everyone.
Lately I've noticed that when I bend, my knees tend to really pop and crackle. I've never suffered any injuries to my knees, nor do they hurt - only, as I said, crack.

Any suggestions? Could lack of vitamins or calcium be the problem? Thank you in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
(male)

chuzzlewit HB User
Re: Crackling knee?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clover_eyed
Hi everyone.
Lately I've noticed that when I bend, my knees tend to really pop and crackle. I've never suffered any injuries to my knees, nor do they hurt - only, as I said, crack.

Any suggestions? Could lack of vitamins or calcium be the problem? Thank you in advance!
Everybody has this as they get older. If this is your biggest worry, consider yourself lucky

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 01:35 PM   #3

annonymousely HB User

i have this and have done for around 4 years. I am now only 14 years old! so its not only older people who get it! i went to the docs about a year after it started and he said that many people just have joints that crack and that it is nothing to worry about

Old 03-11-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
(female)

Babygurl1985 HB User

My knees crack and pop all the time, i'm 19 and this started when i was 18 and i'm getting used to it

Old 03-29-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
(male)

clover_eyed HB User

"Everybody has this as they get older."

Well, actually, I'm only 16. -lol-

I'm glad to know this isn't abnormal. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2005, 06:38 PM   #6
(female)

angelic_shan HB User

Im 20 and even before I could talk I would fall down screaming and crying from knee pain. I would get knee aches all the time when I was growing up and all the doctors said was it from me going through growth spurts. Well I went through my final growth spurt at 14 and my knees started popping and grinding. Since then they have gotten worse. Im in severe pain all the time. I can't be on my feet long, I can't do any exercises involving my knees, and when I bend my knees they pop and grind so loud people can hear them across the room. Just a few days ago I bent down and heard a shattering like sound from my right knee and now I can bearly walk...I get pain from deep inside my kneecap, below it, and on either side. It feels like my knee is jaming out of the sides but it looks normal. Im very afraid that im going to end up having to have surgery or something .

Old 03-31-2005, 08:59 AM   #7
(female)

Yekcoh4 HB User

I'm 23, fit and healthy and this has been happening as long as I can remember. At first the sound was a novelty...now I don't even notice.

Closed Thread