It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
(female)

wildflowers HB User
Question Cortizone injections for itis's ?

I am a gardener and I always have some type of itis's to contend with. I have had bursitis, tendonitis, achilles tendonitis etc. I follow the plan that the doctor tells me exercising, moist heat treatments etc. It is a long ardous process and it never seems to get better. I now am contemplating cortizone injections. I have been afraid to have them in the past. I know I could get information on the web, but I cannot get individual experiences and results of cortizone injections there. Is there side effects? Do they last long enough, or will I always be vulnerable to the itis's. It really is a very painful thing to have. I just was recently diagnosed with another itis, rotor cuff tendonitis and right shoulder bicep tendonitis. Thank you in advance for anything you would like to share, it will be greatly appreciated. Blessings!

Old 11-19-2003, 10:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User
Re: Cortizone injections for itis's ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers
I am a gardener and I always have some type of itis's to contend with. I have had bursitis, tendonitis, achilles tendonitis etc. I follow the plan that the doctor tells me exercising, moist heat treatments etc. It is a long ardous process and it never seems to get better. I now am contemplating cortizone injections. I have been afraid to have them in the past. I know I could get information on the web, but I cannot get individual experiences and results of cortizone injections there. Is there side effects? Do they last long enough, or will I always be vulnerable to the itis's. It really is a very painful thing to have. I just was recently diagnosed with another itis, rotor cuff tendonitis and right shoulder bicep tendonitis. Thank you in advance for anything you would like to share, it will be greatly appreciated. Blessings!

Fun with "itis" as I call it, I know how you feel and I will tell you that I've had cortizone injections in every itis area and each time it is different in the results. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't and when they do it is short lived relief and it comes right back. My hands, neck, hip,lower back and knee
have been poked many times always hopeing for the ultimate cure that never really shows up. I also have costochondritis and I had cortizone in the 5th rib joint area at the sternum and it worked the best and longest lived, a whole year before it came back. I'd at least give it a try, you can get a days of relief anyway.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2003, 02:12 AM   #3

pooh52501 HB User

cortisone injections work wonders for some and for others - they don't help at all. I had one in my shoulder that lasted until the lydocain wore off - after that my pain came back - so for me I am not really wanting to try another one.
Also being post menopausal and having that monthly visitor again after 4 yrs was not my idea of a minor side effect

Old 11-22-2003, 09:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh52501
cortisone injections work wonders for some and for others - they don't help at all. I had one in my shoulder that lasted until the lydocain wore off - after that my pain came back - so for me I am not really wanting to try another one.
Also being post menopausal and having that monthly visitor again after 4 yrs was not my idea of a minor side effect

Yikes, you got it back after 4 yrs? Im 55 and have been post menopausal for 7 yrs now and that is the one thing I DON'T want back. Fortunately after all these years of cortizone injections it has not returned of course, the injections didn't really help either.

Closed Thread