It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2005, 04:11 PM   #1
(female)

gimpy123 HB User
Question Tarsal Coalition- Fusion Surgery...

Hi- I have a tarsal coalition which is osseous and arthritic. I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks and I am so nervous about the recovery.

I was told it would be 2 weeks off my feet and 6 weeks in a cast on crutches. Has anyone had this type of fusion done? My tarsal coalition is from birth and I let it go too long without surgery. I am 32 now and I feel like I have no other choice but to have the surgery. Also i want to get pregnant and am scared to even try until this is fixed. If anyone has a similar experience please let me know!! Thanks!!

Old 10-03-2005, 01:36 PM   #2
(female)

cosmo HB User
Re: Tarsal Coalition- Fusion Surgery...

I have the same thing and had surgery in July. I'm 33yo and also waited a long time, but the reason I did it now is so I won't have more pain when I have children. How did your surgery go? I was non-weightbearing for 2 months and am still in a camwalker because my foot and calf are atrophied. Physical therapy is helping a lot, though. I hope it works out because I plan to have the other foot done next summer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
(female)

gimpy123 HB User

Mimi- when did you have your surgery?

Old 10-14-2005, 01:55 PM   #4
(female)

cosmo HB User

I had the surgery July 11th.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:54 PM   #5
(female)

gimpy123 HB User

Did you have the exact condition>? Was it from birth>? How many pins? I am curious. I was told 6 weeks in a cast - I have one more week to go and then I have my cast off - hopefully thats it! Although I am worried because I think I feel something when I put my foot down... (i did it by accident a couple of times)... I hope I don't have to be in a cam walker? the whole time. What is that - like an air cast?

Old 01-01-2007, 11:51 AM   #6
(female)

joyandpain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpy123
Hi- I have a tarsal coalition which is osseous and arthritic. I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks and I am so nervous about the recovery.

I was told it would be 2 weeks off my feet and 6 weeks in a cast on crutches. Has anyone had this type of fusion done? My tarsal coalition is from birth and I let it go too long without surgery. I am 32 now and I feel like I have no other choice but to have the surgery. Also i want to get pregnant and am scared to even try until this is fixed. If anyone has a similar experience please let me know!! Thanks!!
Is this fusion in your toe joint? I am not sure where the tarsal is in the foot. The reason I ask is that I have to have a bone fusion in the joint of my big toe because there is practically no cartilige left. The doctor said I will be on crutches or a walker for 6-11 weeks and I am depressed about this situation. I am wondering how painful this surgery will be for me???
Thank you if you can give me any information.

Closed Thread