It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
(female)

grama HB User
Question Cold Ankles

Hope someone out there can give me some answers. I have such cold ankles. They feel like I have a bag of ice on them all the time. It is mainly on the outside of my ankes, but sometimes the insides feel cold too.( they don't feel cold to the touch, just from the inside ). They are so cold to me, that I run the heater in my car(and the window open), even when its 90-95 degrees outside.I do have RLS, and take meds for that.But the doc says he doesn't think it has anything to do RLS, and I have a very good pulse in both of my feet. He says that maybe it is the artery that runs along the outside of the ankle, but didnt feel comfortable giving me any meds to open them if he wasn't sure that was my problem. Wanted me to wait a while and see if it goes away. This has been going on for about a year now. I was back to see him again last week and got the same answer....I need relief! I need some sleep! Has anyone out there ever had problems with such cold ankes?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #2
(male)

dlg21064 HB User
Re: Cold Ankles

Quote:
Originally Posted by grama;1***677
Hope someone out there can give me some answers. I have such cold ankles. They feel like I have a bag of ice on them all the time. It is mainly on the outside of my ankes, but sometimes the insides feel cold too.( they don't feel cold to the touch, just from the inside ). They are so cold to me, that I run the heater in my car(and the window open), even when its 90-95 degrees outside.I do have RLS, and take meds for that.But the doc says he doesn't think it has anything to do RLS, and I have a very good pulse in both of my feet. He says that maybe it is the artery that runs along the outside of the ankle, but didnt feel comfortable giving me any meds to open them if he wasn't sure that was my problem. Wanted me to wait a while and see if it goes away. This has been going on for about a year now. I was back to see him again last week and got the same answer....I need relief! I need some sleep! Has anyone out there ever had problems with such cold ankes?
Hi,

I have the same problem and I was wondering if you ever found out what was wrong. My doctor told me that I would have to live with the feeling of the coldness inside my ankles. But, they hurt so bad that I feel that they are going to fall off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2007, 07:37 AM   #3
(male)

yohon777 HB User

i have had similar symptoms for about a month. My ankles are normal outside temperature but they feel really cold on the inside. I told one doctor and one physicians assistant and they had never heard of such a thing. I notice it when i am sitting down and when i am standing. i do a lot of sitting at my desk and am wondering if there is a connection. also, i've been taking a lot of meds lately for acid reflux, back pain, allergies, and help getting to sleep, and now for constipation. Probably messed something up with my circulation. I am also wondering if it could be a magnesium deficiency. Let me know if you found any answers. thanks.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
(male)

artandcomputerg HB User

I have cold ankles, too. First time ever in my life..I started taking meds for acid reflkux about 2 weeks ago.....Acephex......I just read someone elses post about this... perhaps there is a connection.

Closed Thread