It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
(female)

jstruk HB User
Round Lump on Wrist

I have just discovered a round lump the size of a pea on my left wrist just under the thumb area where the meaty part of your palm meets the wrist. It literally appeared overnight as it wasn't there yesterday. It looks like a small marble or pebble protruding from the inside and pushing out. It hurts a little if you push on it and my wrist feels achy. I have also experienced some sharp shooting pain up my lower arm to about the elbow area. The closest photos I could find on the web resemble the ganglion cyst. I have a photo I can send via email if anyone thinks they can look at it and tell me if this is what they think it is?

Please read the posting rules which explain that offering or asking off board contact is not permitted. The boards are to be used for on board sharing, only. The email and private message features are turned off so that use of the message boards remain anonymous. The only contact you may make with members is to post on the board.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-28-2006 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Please honor your membership agreement. Please read and follow the posting rules.

Old 06-28-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

pandaa HB User
Re: Round Lump on Wrist

It's a cyst. I knew someone who had the same exact thing in the same exact spot. If you go to the doctor, they'll drain it for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to pandaa For This Useful Post:
jhoffman74 (04-05-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2006, 08:05 AM   #3
(male)

charlodius HB User

Most likely a ganglion cyst- very common, used to be called "bible cysts" because they would smash them with a bible to get them go go away. If the cyst is drained, it will probably come back in the future, because draining doesn't get rid of the cyst wall ( a sack that has developed inside there). The cyst may come and go spontaneously. My take on it is, if it doesn't bother you too much, don't have it cut out. That location of a cyst is close to your radial artery, and I wouldn't want a surgeon messing around there unless it really bothered me. Hope this helped!

p.s.: I have the same thing on my left wrist- been there for about a year.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 AM   #4
(male)

chach2000 HB User

I have just discovered EXACTLY the same thing in EXACTLY the same location and it wasn't there yesterday. My first thought was a blood clot. Mine doesn't hurt. Do you have any more info on this?

Closed Thread