It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 11:18 AM   #1

Crack3 HB User
Cracking Joints

Hello everyone, I would appreciate some input here.

The joints of my body give off a cracking sound very often, especially when I move after a long time in the same position - sitting for example. It's not painful, but I do feel that split second of discomfort when it "cracks".

I suspect this might be due to the fact that I have minimal muscles and fats to support my bones/ligaments. Most of the time, it poses no major problem, just a nasty sound and feeling which I've grown used to.

However recently, the joints of my entire right arm (wrist, elbow and shoulder) is starting to ache slightly even when it's not "cracking". I'm a little concern because being a right-hander, I would like it to work effortlessly for as long as possible.

Is there a medical term for this or is it simply one of those nagging pains? I understand it's best that I seek professional advice, and I have made an appointment with an orthopedist. Unfortunately, it's a long wait so I thought I'd do some reading in the meantime.

Last edited by Crack3; 09-27-2006 at 11:20 AM.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

aleenia HB User
Re: Cracking Joints

i have the same thing recently, and i'm having some scans to see what's going on. my whole body cracks and creaks - i sound like a walking skeleton most days.

sorry i can't give you any answers :|

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2006, 08:46 AM   #3
(female)

jcjwillis HB User

I have heard that some bone cracking is normal and completely ok. Please let me know what they find out in your cases.
Hope you are better soon!
Hope this helps!

Old 10-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
(female)

Sunshine008 HB User

I have the same problem - and it keeps getting worse. It started all of a sudden with costo-chondritis (sternum swelling/pain). Then came the cracking joints. Then my ankles/feet started hurting and popping. Then my wrists started doing that. Then my shoulders. Then my knees. Then my sternum - feels like it's dislocating. Now, as of last week, my sternum/clavicle bones have joined in. Everything cracks/pops and grinds and it really hurts. I'm having trouble walking and feel like my back/neck/spine is popping out every time I turn/twist.

Help! What is this? My Rheum. thinks it's Ankylosing Spondylitis and wants me to start the bio drugs. But, I've found NO ONE with that who has my symptoms. I'm getting desparate and feel like I'm going to be crippled if I don't figure this out. The docs just scratch their heads, saying they've never seen it this bad.

This started 6 months ago. I sure hope you guys don't progress like I did from that early stage of just wierd joint cracking that didn't hurt. Those were the good ole' days! LOL!

If you get ANY info on this, please post it. I'm seriously considering Mayo at this point and am really getting scared.

J
female, age 43 (formerly very active and felt great)

Closed Thread