It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2006, 07:48 AM   #1
(female)

lyddiemarie123 HB User
Question Elbow and Shoulder Joint Popping and Pain

I am 20 years old and have been experiencing popping in my right elbow for almost 10 years. My right elbow was dislocated 2 times when i was 2 or 3 and seemes to heal fine. At first my elbow only popped when i wanted it to (like i was double jointed in my elbow) but gradually it became something that would happen whenever i straightened my arm quickly.

Now, I have pain in my elbow frequently and I have to pop it whenever i straighten it or else I have severe pain and I cant extend or flex it all the way. Its very difficult for me because I take care of children a lot and it catches a lot when i try to set them down and hurts very badly. The pop is semi painful and crunchy not dull like finger popping. It feels like my elbow separates and then comes back together.

Recently, my shoulders have started to pop VERY badly when i raise my arm over my head. It pops in and out multiple times in one rotation. My left elbow also started to separate like my right does when one of the kids i babysit pulled on my arm.

I saw and orthopedic surgeon and he said something is definitely wrong bu didnt know what. My xrays and MRI came back normal (although i dont have a lot of faith in my hospitals technology.. very old machines.

Please let me know if you have ever heard of symptoms like these!!

The following user gives a hug of support to lyddiemarie123:
Kevin Mac (03-02-2011)
Closed Thread