It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
(male)

Taiki Nakamaru HB User
Exclamation Constant Popping in Neck, Spine and Wrists, Help!

Hello,

I am fifteen years old and it has really begun to disturb me that my neck, upper spine (between the shoulders) and wrists constantly pop.

I'm aware that these are sometimes normal growing pains, however my wrists have always popped, as far back as I can remember.

My neck only really started in later years, but it is as well as my spine are both very easy to pop, and they pop very loudly, easily audible to someone standing nearby (I also have a somewhat protruding xiphoid).

The spine is particularly bad—I can hardly breath in without it popping resoundingly every time, normally two or three pops starting lower and going up, starting just below the shoulders. And it is nearly every single time.

I consulted a local doctor but, well, this is a small town and he doesn't seem very knowledgeable about it, and at the least didn't have much to suggest.

My chiropractor tells me he thinks it's due to very, very loose ligaments, such that he has never seen before. He could only advice to try not to pop them any more than I could help, but I really can't help it.

Is this normal? I've never known anyone my age with quite this problem. I should note that it seemed to begin a few years ago when I began using computers, and I'm afraid I do (or did, will now be doing other things) spend most of my day sitting at a computer desk. This could have played a large part, yes?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by Taiki Nakamaru; 01-05-2007 at 09:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2008, 01:57 PM   #2
(female)

JuniperJackson HB User
Re: Constant Popping in Neck, Spine and Wrists, Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiki Nakamaru View Post
Hello,

I am fifteen years old and it has really begun to disturb me that my neck, upper spine (between the shoulders) and wrists constantly pop.

I'm aware that these are sometimes normal growing pains, however my wrists have always popped, as far back as I can remember.

My neck only really started in later years, but it is as well as my spine are both very easy to pop, and they pop very loudly, easily audible to someone standing nearby (I also have a somewhat protruding xiphoid).

The spine is particularly bad—I can hardly breath in without it popping resoundingly every time, normally two or three pops starting lower and going up, starting just below the shoulders. And it is nearly every single time.

I consulted a local doctor but, well, this is a small town and he doesn't seem very knowledgeable about it, and at the least didn't have much to suggest.

My chiropractor tells me he thinks it's due to very, very loose ligaments, such that he has never seen before. He could only advice to try not to pop them any more than I could help, but I really can't help it.

Is this normal? I've never known anyone my age with quite this problem. I should note that it seemed to begin a few years ago when I began using computers, and I'm afraid I do (or did, will now be doing other things) spend most of my day sitting at a computer desk. This could have played a large part, yes?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I have almost the exact same problem, i am seventeen and i have had this on going pain for about 8 months now, the popping has occured recently, except i have it in my hip bones, my entire spine, my left shoulder and my neck. It hurts, its not just popping, its like a loud cracking almost, and everytime i try and fix my posture(roll my shoulders back) its pops from my upper back to lower back. I do have a habit of forcing the popping, by going left to right, but i know i shouldnt be doing that. My lumber spine grinds when i thrust my hips, and my neck just cracks on its own basically.My upper back is really bad for pain, and my spine is sticking out alot more then it should be. I have gotten the same responses from my doctor and physiotherapist, they dont know what it is. I have beeon told its hypermobile joints, but i dont think it would be this painful if its that. I do sit all day in classrooms, and then to the computer at home. I do think that has alot to do with it, because of bad posture,and lack of excercise. Try pilates or yoga, and walking or biking, it seems to help me a bit. Definatly get some physio in there too, it will make a difference. Strengthening will work in the long run.

Closed Thread