It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2007, 03:09 AM   #1
(male)

Anti-Nostalgia HB User
Slightly Sunken Rib Cage - Help? T_T

Alright, here's the deal. If it's relative at all, I'm sixteen years old, I have juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and low levels of calcium due to a dairy allergy.

A few days ago, I noticed that while one side of my ribcage was prominent - as it always has been - the other one was slightly... sunken. I've done a bit of homework on it and I'm pretty sure it's not concave chest, but I can't find anything else!

When I examined it, I noticed that the area just near the sternum was a little jiggly, and popped out of place if provoked. From there, it feels like the middle portion of my rib cage has been pressed in. But I don't remember doing anything strenuous that might have caused this.

I don't feel it from the inside out, only the outside in, and it hasn't affected my breathing. But I am pretty worried about it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Anti-Nostalgia; 05-28-2007 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Addition

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
(male)

ComradeGort HB User
Lightbulb Re: Slightly Sunken Rib Cage - Help? T_T

I have some suggestions and information for you, though I'm not a doctor or anything... I have managed to diagnose and figure out potential treatments for 5 skeletal problems I have in my own body that no ******* doctor I've ever seen has been concerned with dealing with. I just don't know what is wrong with doctors sometimes. Every doctor that has failed to treat my problems has been shown these problems as well. Ok, these suggestions aren't all directly related to your problem neccessarily, some are anywho, here goes:

1. You should go to a health store and get a thing called Ultimate Meal, it has all the vitamins and/or anything your body could possibly need to survive, you can live entirely off of it, I almost do, it eliminates the need for multivitamins... anything, it is the ULTIMATE MEAL you fool... If they don't have it you can order it online by using the ******.

2. You are RIGHT to be concerned with the shape of your chest, especially at your age. Your ribcage is a BRACE for your spine, if it is concave on one side and convex on the other it is bracing your back out of alignment at all times. This is how you develope scoliosis, it will only get worse as you grow and age. This is one of the reasons that I have scoliosis which I brought to the attention of my parents multiple times, they told me to ignore it, I didn't believe them, went my general practitioner, she told me to ignore it, I didn't believe her, I within the past week have found out that case studies on animals/people/anything that has a rib cage have shown that assymetry is GUARANTEED to increase the crookedness of your spine! For a concave rib cage the surgery is called concave rib osteotamy, no orthopedists seem to know what this is. It seems almost as if plastic surgeons are more knowledgeable of the human rib cage.

3. This suggestion is the most important: Don't trust anyone more than yourself with regards to your own health. Do research, use ****pedia, don't take everything people say at face value, most doctors are in league with pharmacutical/orthotic/etc companies and have little concern with your actual health. Hell, I may even be in league with Ultimate Meal, ackhem... but do, do the research, it is VERY important. If the technical lingo numbs your mind, take caffeen pills to file through the immense loads of information you will be treading through on your path to increased health and wellness.

4. This isn't what you were asking about, but I will tell you anyways, you should take off your shoes immediately and never wear them again. You should get some toe straighteners to fix your most assuredly deformed toes. Walk around barefoot often, it will fix and prevent problems ranging from your feet all the way up to your back. This is part of my self prescribed treatment plan for my scoliosis. "Support" is not something you want your feet to have, I assure you.

5. My final suggestion: I suggest that anyone who has read through my rambling bullet points please tell me If they know of someone, anyone, please for the love of god a doctor that knows how to treat a deformed rib cage, I've gone through calling two cities worth of orthopedists and none of them know what to do to treat a deformed rib cage. I've seen the case studies, I know the surgery exists, I KNOW IT EXISTS!!!! sorry, this is frusterating...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 08-11-2013 at 10:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread