It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #1
(female)

christine_cdc HB User
Need help regarding my bones

Ok, I'm not sure if this means anything, but I'm just worried.

When I move my joints(folding or 'expanding' them), especially in my arms, they make a sound most of the time. This happens even though I don't do it purposely, or even if I don't strain or move it too much.

Does this mean anything? Or is this just normal?

I'm kinda sure that it's not normal though, coz I'm sure not everyone's bones make a sound everytime they move it >.<

I'm just worried, does this mean anything at all?

Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User
Re: Need help regarding my bones

Is it a clicking or a creaking sound?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #3
(female)

christine_cdc HB User

Yeah, a little clicking sound.
Like the sound you hear when you like "flex" your fingers.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
(male)

angzy_joones HB User

I experience similar problems and sounds...everytime i move....i dont know if lack of calcium is causing these problems cause i eat a very healthy diet full of dairy products..? Did you also loss weight...or experienced any sort of pain in joints ?

Old 09-29-2007, 07:14 AM   #5
(female)

baileymarie01 HB User

I am experiancing the same sort of thing. Every single one of my joints crack everytime I move its my wrist or shoulder, hip and so on.. and this Just started about 3 months ago. I have no pain when they crack its just really scary on why and what all the sudden brought this on. They diagnosed me with fibro. Because I do have body and bone pain in my legs. Sometimes I think they just simply don't know what it is so its easy for them to say fibro since nothing can detect it anyone else??

Old 10-28-2007, 02:38 AM   #6
(male)

MaoMaoooooo HB User

Same problem. Don't know if it was solved, but I did a little search and found this:

"your joints naturally build up a sort of calcium over time and when you hear your back or hips or elbows cracking or popping, that's your joint moving and sort of releasing the calcium build up. it's a good thing"

And this:

"Be careful with this because it could lead to bone breakage. Try not to move too much to avoid cracking your bones."

Hope this somewhat helps. Gonna try to find out a bit more from a friend though if nothing comes up.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

mabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB Usermabent HB User

I was told that the cracking noise is caused by arthritis. The sound is bone rubbing against bone according to that doctor. He said that the cartilage wears down in some people (usually as they age). He didn't seem too concerned about it. Maybe if it were [U]his[U]problem, he might be worried Thank goodness it isn't painful!

Old 11-08-2007, 10:48 AM   #8
(female)

suegerber HB User

What ever you do, don't take FOSOMAX, my dentist just told me about this drug and if you go on line there's a lot of information and law suits, it evidentally causes your jaw bone to deteriate, my dentist won't work on any one that's taking this drug. Read up to on it and go on something natural, I am in the situation of bone loss due to post menopause so, here I am looking for something other than FOSOMAX

Closed Thread