It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
(female)

crowgirl HB User
Lump on bone in foot

About one week ago, I noticed some kind of lump on the bone in my right foot near my ankle. It's a hard lump, almost as if the bone itself was swollen. It doesn't move when I push on it and hurts only a little.

The last time I had something similar (the only time, in fact) was when I had broken a bone in my foot, and a callus had formed. I had less pain at that time than I thought I'd have with a fracture; in fact, I still exercised with it for several days before finally seeing a doctor. Also, I'm at a high risk of developing osteoporosis, so I'm a bit wary in that respect.

However, this time, I feel silly going to the doctor and asking for an X-ray when it might just be a harmless swelling from putting too much strain on my foot (I often sit cross-legged w/out shoes, so that this particular part of my foot gets pressed against the surface I'm sitting on). My question now is, can bones develop weals from too much pressure, or might it be a callus from a hair fracture after all? What do you think?

Thank you very, very much in advance!!

The following user gives a hug of support to crowgirl:
anandji57 (10-12-2011)
Old 11-22-2007, 08:42 AM   #2
(female)

divk HB User
Re: Lump on bone in foot

I've experienced something similar to that. as i was growing up, i discovered several lumps on my ankles. as you mentioned, they are hard, almost as if it were the bone itself forming excess growth. i did go to a dr about it, and he told me that it was simply just that - excess growth. didnt really make me feel any better, since i was getting more (and still am, it seems). he said that it was harmless, and surgery could be done to remove them, but that was only recommended if it was pushing on a nerve very close to them and causing nerve pain. i would recommend seeing your dr and get the x-rays done... better safe, right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #3
(female)

crowgirl HB User
Re: Lump on bone in foot

divk, actually, that was exactly what it was. I did go to the doctor and had X-rays done. It turned out that, when I had injured the area two years ago, a tiny chip of bone had broken off, so the area around it was now calcified, and the piece of bone had started to grow larger. It's not bothering me too much, but the doctor did say I could have it removed with a minor procedure.

Closed Thread