It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
(female)

headcase9 HB User
Big Boney Bump Protruding and achining on back of Skull

So, I've had this Big Boney Bump Protruding on back of my Skull at about top of ear's height for about a decade (from what I can remember). I am 28 now, and its always just sort of "been" there but lately it is beginning to ache a bit and worry me. When I was around 20 or 21 I had my OBGYN touch it and he said it was nothing to worry about. Since then I think but am uncertain it may have grown a bit. It is pretty large and noticeable enough that my friends and family tease me and call it my "tumor" and get "grossed out" when they touch it. It is solid bone, there is nothing seemingly to it other than bone. It does not move when touched. If I lay my head down a hard surface directly on my bump it hurts and is uncomfortable. a little like laying on your knobby hip bone, but more tender. I have noticed lately, in the passed 6 months that is aching and painful often. I also have been rather nauseated as well on and off with no rhyme or reason. I get headaches and migraines frequently, and have since I was 15. I am on effexor to suppress them, and sometimes when they comeon if I put pressure at the base of my boney protrustion it relieves some of the headache. I am concerne because it is noticeably aching lately and I have never had it checked. Are there other terms I might be able to search that anyone thinks it sounds like? Is this common?
Thanks
Headcase9

Closed Thread