It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2008, 09:12 PM   #1
(male)

jenaroramos88 HB User
hip pain only when wake up

left hip pain only when I wake up. I have to favor left leg. Sometimes it feels like it's lower in the leg as well. As the day wears on it goes away.

Old 07-20-2008, 09:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: hip pain only when wake up

Hello, I'm not sure how old you are, but depending on age, it could be a touch of arthritis. It could also be the mattress. Have you had this one for a long time or is it a brand new one?

Maybe you could give us a bit more info? Have you ever been injured in either hip or in the low back? How old are you? Do you do strenuous physical work? There could be lots of reasons.

Please post back with some more detailed info if you don't mind. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2008, 04:10 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

It could be your bed. You might need a new one, if this is worse upon waking up it sounds to me like your bed is playing a big role here. how old is your bed and what kind of bed do you have?

Old 07-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
(male)

jenaroramos88 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipperyslope View Post
It could be your bed. You might need a new one, if this is worse upon waking up it sounds to me like your bed is playing a big role here. how old is your bed and what kind of bed do you have?
I forgot to mention that I walk the treadmill for 45 minutes 6 days a week and it doesn't seem to bother me then. My bed is about 7 years old, firm and it doesn't bother my wife. From readings on the boarfd I think it might be arthritis.

Old 07-21-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
(male)

jenaroramos88 HB User

I forgot to mention that I walk the treadmill for 45 minutes 6 days a week and it doesn't seem to bother me then. My bed is about 7 years old, firm and it doesn't bother my wife. From readings on the boarfd I think it might be arthritis.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 PM   #6
(male)

jenaroramos88 HB User

71 years old. Excellent health. No back or hip surgeries. Back pain occasionally. Also used to do weights for toning one day a week. Recent hernia repair.

Old 07-22-2008, 04:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

tiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB Usertiggertoo2174 HB User

Arthritis sounds like a possibility to me too. If you are able to take anti-inflamatories ibuprofen or naproxen might be helpful to try. You might want to have your Dr. take a look at it just to be sure there isn't anything else going on.

Tigg.

Old 07-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

slipperyslope HB User

Just b/c your bed is 7 years old doesn't mean its not worn out or that you have developed a sensitivty to it, it might be sagging a bit or be to hard or to soft for your hip it just seems odd it hurts when you wake up. and b/c your wifes back and hip is okay doesn't mean your hip would be okay. everyone is different. I know that sometimes I wake up with my hip hurting but it only happens when I sleep on my guest bed which is really firm.

I would go and have it checked out by the Dr, get an x-ray or an MRI.

Good luck, SS

Old 10-04-2008, 12:02 PM   #9
(female)

Frances1952 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaroramos88 View Post
left hip pain only when I wake up. I have to favor left leg. Sometimes it feels like it's lower in the leg as well. As the day wears on it goes away.
I had the same problem and when I got a new bed it went away. Also, You might want to see a chiroprater. That helped me alot another time my hip was hurting. After a few sessions it was totally gone.

Closed Thread