It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2008, 06:52 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User
Feelbad (Marcia), need some help

Hey girl, Have not had time to put a post up for you as I have been wanting to do. I need that brain of yours my friend. I am tired of this & as you may see on the PM board my pain has increased since this last set of injections. So I figured I am going to start looking into some things myself.
So I am in need of that great mind you possess.
I am wondering if you can assisst me in trying to figure out what part of the spine causes pain in what area. I feel that last set of ESIs gave me a very small amount of relief so perhaps this PM is on to something but not in all the right locations, of course I am guessing. This last set has sent my pain skyrocketing, but I am wondering if the majority of it is the Rib injection which hurts like mad & is causing me all kinds of problems.
So I am wondering like what contols what, for example what part of the thoracic can contribute to the ribs or chest? Can any area of the lumbar contribute to any problems in that area. Since I am having some lower back pain along with the hip at times & my foot is tingling & can go abit numb.

Same with the cervical, what effects what, certain finger or digits, arms, shoulders & so forth. This is all to strange. Woke up with pain up to an 8 pain level and gagging, pain meds lasitng not more then 2hrs & more pain & discomfort in more areas sicne injections. Its driving me crazy, my scapula area on both sides & inbetween hurt like mad. Dang shoulders are really painful.
I had the 4rht finger on the right hand hurting & the third on the left this morning, I swear I feel like I am loosing it. So I am going to start to look into what areas could be contrbuting to what. Is there some where I can get that info, or do you know what areas of the spine can contribute to what?
I am tired of pain & waiting months for see whats going to do what.
Put a call into PM this morning, the nurse remembered me & is waiting for the doctor to get in so lets hope he suggests something, cant even push to go to the bathroom or sends my ribs through the roof. There is some swelling the the ribs, almost like a small ball like shape in there. Wondering if its from the steroids, I dont know maybe they have formed a pocket or something.

Hands/arms/shoulder you name it, all of it hurts & its preventing me from doing much of anything. Had to find someone to work for me abit this morning but have to pop in to do checks or noone will get paid, started it friday but have to finish. So waiting for next dose of meds & icing to see if I get any additional relief. I am not sure I would do the rib injections again. It all together must be causing additional inflammation because it feels like pressure there & all up my back going right into the scapula area.
chest spasms to boot! Really upset, not sure how long this can last.

Any clues? I am a mess. Instead of relief I am getting more pain daily.
I just delegated more work to others so I could cut back & I am not able to even make it in. This is not working, no way can I loose my job at this point so I need to start trying to figure somethings out here. I hate to bother you & know you have not been feeling that great, but you are the one who is possession of the great brain. Oh girl, I need some help!

How are you? Any change in pain or meds? I sure hope your doing better then me. How is that shoulder? My left one was snapping/cracking this morning for the first time in a long time. Thats all I need.
Hows the knee? Always wondering how you are doing. I am glad to be able to have more time from work, now if I can only get some relief. Please let me know what you think, if your up to it. Hope your well my friend, Sammy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Feelbad (Marcia), need some help

glad i saw this,i kinda gave up on checking the thread,just figured you were having too many issues and needed to be on the PM board. no problem,believe me,i can totally understand. i was popping in on the sp board since you mentioned it in that post,but you never showed up(but i did find a couple of people who needed some direction so it was worth it).

when it comes to the spinal areas and what affects what,it is the dermatomes that you need to look up. they have some really nice diagrams on the net,i have had to go this route after my sp cord surgery just to figure out what was coming from what,kind of like you are right now? one helpful thing i did so i did not have to keep looking things up every flippin time something new just decided to pop in on me,was make a copy of the "dermatome man' guy dude? and just keep that in your files for future refererence. its just much quicker to look at a sheet vs having to pop onto the net everytime you are wondering about a particular area,ya know? just doing this research yourself would give you a much better overview and idea of what is affecting what.i could try and explain it all but it really would take awhile and you would get a much better idea just reading thru all the stuff on your own. you will more than likely also find some strange connection to something while doing this too that you didnt realize before? just actually looking at the dermatomes both front and back will show you much more clearly than i could ever possibly actually explain,or i would be more than happy to do it for you. you just really NEED to know this stiuff right from the source of info sammy. it will help you,trust me.

there are also "myeotomes" too. these are the MUSCLES that a particular nerve innervates as well,it could be very helpful in your particular situation hon. pay particular attention to that serratus too. one BIG thing i found out with every ESI i had done was that they always were followed up with increased pain. part of that is just due to adding extra fluid to an area that is used to running at a particular level of pressure? you know what i mean? i asked the anesthesiologist who had done my first series way back in like 01 02? somewhere in there,about this very thing since it just went crazy up in my c spine after every single one,and thats kind of what he told me. this was not the PM that did this it was at the rad place i normally get my MRIs and other rad stuff done at. but he was an anes.

another thing that can cause its own increased pain is that reduction in the swelling can cause things to shift a bit inside you in that area? the meds they use can also just create really strange reactions to certain areas in there too. if he is injecting around any real nerves,it will feel a bit strange with things happening off and on that really make no sense type of stuff. i do think you really need to sit down with this PM and ask him exactly what you asked me about this stuff. your situation sammy,is just sooo freaking complicated and made worse by alot of different things(alot of contributors there too hon),and i still totally believe you do have some level of SNS involvement too. you do deserve answers to your questions,espescially when things are becomming worse by his intervention,ya know? you would either have to ask him just exactly where he injected,the exact spot,or better yet,just obtain the procedure report,it would state in it just exactly what he did and where. my PM is very detailed in these reports. i have copies of all of the procedure notes he has done on me since i started there. its just a really great source of detailed info on any procedure done on you. you just have quite a few issues that really do need to be discussed with him.

i would call your PMs and ask to make an appt with him just to discuss what he thinks about your situation so far and also your need to obtain much better pain control. like i have mentioned to you before,i really am kind of shocked that he has not yet placed you on long acting oxy or really "done" anything about your med situation. it IS an issue that NEEDS to be addressed. you need to get to tolerable and i don;t hear that in your posts that you have even gotten close to it yet. all of those injection/reaction issues just need to also be much better addressed. he has the ability to make things at least a bit better for you and he should be doing this. this IS the reason you went to him in the first place ya know? just asking what are my options here to get my pain more tolerable should at least get that ball rolling.

have you seen anyone BUT your PM yet? what i mean is in most PM set ups,you do not normally see your PM for routine visits but see instead,the NP or PA who does your basic follow up visits. i only see my PM for procedures and his NP is the one i see every two months,unless we make some sort of med change or start a new med,then i have to be seen monthly or sooner. but you should be assigned someone other than your actual PM for the basic visits at some point. i just cannot understand why this guy has not really even attempted to try and do something different with your meds since this was not working when you got there kind of thing? but i DO unfortunetly know how you feel right now.

geez sammy,did you read my last post on our other thread about my last procedure?? i have NEVER ever been treated like i wasn't even there at my own procedure before. these two flippin nurses constantly,and i do mean constantly had my PM engaged in some inane stupid converstions during my entire procedure. unreal. they could not just talk to each other about stupid stuff,no,they HAD to keep addressing everything they said to my PM so he never actually was able to even ask one question,not one question sammy about how my first block even went,nothing! every single time i was about to say something,they would start right back up again on me. god,i was going uts in there and just wanted to scream at them to please shut the hell up so i can actually speak with MY PM??? helloo? this was so sick,honestly. normally my PM asks me alot of questions about my conditions since i don;t notrmally even get to speak with him except during my procedures maybe two or three times per year? he just NEEDED to actually know how that first block went in order to just know how my knee was and what did not need to be done? one interesting side note on all of this. when the nurse called me the next day to just see how i was doing,i did tell her about the two nurses and my inability to even be able to ask my PM any questions or him able to ask me any? she said she was going to make certain she noted that in the notes from our conversation. i wasn't too sure if this was a really good thing to do or not til i called to just get my normal 28 day refills on my meds? get this sammy. now normally,i call in my refill requests one week ahead of when they are due becasue they send them out to my pharmacy? well it usually has been taking like anywhere from three days(two days should be the norm for first class mail to get from where it needs to go from) to at times almost a flippin week just to get these there and when they are not in my acct at WGs by at least sat night when i check just to make sure they will be there when i need them,i get a bit freaked out since something is usually wrong and if they don;t show up in WGs mail on monday,i have to make a ton of phone calls and usually will have to replace them and go pic them up(big huge pain in the butt to go that route since i cannot drive that far myself).well,i went thurs night to pick uo two other rxes that were due and to my suprise,the tech behind the counter(they ALL know me really well,truat me)said,are you going to pick up the rxes we just got in the mail today or wait til later?? im like what? they got here within less than 24 hours already? she said yep,they came earlier this afternoon in the mail,we just got thwem back here a little wile ago. geez,ya could have knocked me over with a flippin feather after hearing that. wow,they must have gotten right on it the second they replayed back the message for my requests the day before and RAN them to the flippin mailman to get them there within less than 24 hours. that just blew me away and the phamacist too. i have a really great pharmacy who all know my situation and have never ever had a problem with any of them. they really are a caring bunch of people there. and i know i am lucky there. but can you actually believe thatcrap? i am really interested in just what is going to happen on wed when i go see my NP. i was really ****** when i left that place that day of my block,really frustrated and ****** ya know? i was treated like i wasn;t there only becasue i was face down and not up looking at people? i was talked 'over' and never asked one freaking question. thats just sooo wrong in so many ways. maybe i will finally get that raise i have been needing for like months now? just freaked me out that this place was actually even able to do a less than 24 hour turn around since this has never actually ever happened before? think someone is feeling a bit guilty or liable for my compromise in my care??? it was just a rather sick thing to do to any pateint ya know? i just know my PM well enough to know that he was completley distracted the entire procedure by these two so called medical professionals or he would have been asking me how i was doing and more importantly he just needed to know what took place with that first block? should be an interesting visit come wed.

but start looking up the dermatomes to really track back what is coming from what. this really is the very best way to see that connection. and those myeotomes too. i don;t know for certain just how that is spelled,either myotomes or with that 'e" added in there. just do what idid and print off a copy of that dermatome dud so you can use it for reference when needed.i go to it alot when i am trying to figure something out. i also had to try and figure out spinal tracts with my crap,that was even more in depth. but that only really comes into play when you have something directly inpacting your actual cord,or SCI. that is a whole different world inside that cord,believe me. but those tracts being damaged(three of them were affected from my surgery) really explained tons of my symptoms. just keep informing yourself so you can understand much more in depth just what you are dealing with and how certain areas can be affected. it does make it much easier to just speak to your PM too having that bit of knowledge. i actually know more about spinal cord issues and spinal problems than my own primary only becasue i had to know just to even begin to try and understand me,and my whole new freaky body. so i have to explain things to him,and he is a very experienced and knowledgable primary i have had for many many years. he just doesn;t see alot of patients like us.

i so hope this PM you have will finally just wake up and do his flippin job for you sammy. you have just been suffering for way too long already ya know? i hope i was at least somewhat helpful. if you have any other questions just holler,K? keep me posted hon, Marcia

Old 08-11-2008, 07:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

sammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB Usersammyo1 HB User

Marcia you are a doll! I am so glad you put a bug in the nurses ear that called you.
you wait forever to get in & really depend on that time with your doctor & I would be irrate if I were you. That is uncalled for.
Now my PM had me come in today. What a mess, thank god my husband left work & met me there. I was a mess & dry heaves & all that good stuff this morning.
This PM is rumored to be one of the best & is a really nice guy but today he had me so confused I could not get over the confusion. Although my scripts said T1 & C areas, & the discharge papers are highlighted with those areas to he said he did not do the T area at all, & get this he is the one who said to tell his surgical staff to remind him to do the ribs & he could not remember doing the ribs, said he did not do them, but the nurse said in recovery he did. Now I will have to call my sister & go over again what was said. I was really confused.
He is raising my perco. & wants me to increase the valium, due to my husband speaking up. Funny he listened to my husbund but last appointment when it was only me he would not make one change.
If this raise in meds does not work he will move to along acting. I hope he remembers saying that. Of course if at all possable my husbund will be at the next follow up.

I have to go back in Sept 4 to get another set of ESI for the thoracic & also a intercostal nerve block (sp?), by that time the dang cervical one will be worn off, what a mess. So I believe thus far what happened is I assumed that the T area was done & went without my binder, do to the PM wanting me to try to do so, well that is the only real help I get in the rib & chest area. So all this time I am not wearing it & everything is going bonkers in that area.
He is still scratching his head over the ribs. He is not sure its nerve involvment but because I had abit of relief he will see what happens with this next set of ESIs. He does think the muscles are majorly involved thus far in that area. First he brought up the stomach & lungs & all that & my husbund let him know right away that I have had test after test to rule all of that out & he is tired of seeing me suffer.
He is the one who came right out & ask for an increase in my meds, & also told him I had dry heaves & in so much pain that the 1 perc in the AM does not get it. He ask if I could take 2, which the PM said yes, lets hope he remembers along with every four hrs. Which I hope I will not have to do much, who knows maybe this next procdure will work better.
But because this is new to me I did not bring my scripts in so he could not make the changes, he & his staff lectured me on not bringing them in, I of course let them know this is new to me & I did not even consider it, I did not anticipate a change to be honest, but would bring them in tommorrow.

I am asking for a copy of all those dang papers I signed & initialed, I cant remember it all, especially in pain & no sleep. I felt like a child being reprimended. I left not feeling to hopeful about anything. I am just a mess & feel totally stresssed out about everything.
My husbunds job is always on the line due to the economy & I just want to try these procedures to see if something will work in case we loose our medical insurance. I could not survive with no treatment & that scares me to death. I am serious. I try not to think about it at all, but it lingers in my mind with all the job loses here. My poor husbund works so hard & is so tired I hate to burden him more. He said no more injections in the ribs, that is if I can figure out if the PM injected there, I swear the nurse said yes & told my sister you can see the injection site. I am just blown away that there is so much confusion. I honestly think this doctor has such a huge amount of patients, to many. My husbund said he really likes him but even he admitted that the PM acted like he was abit clueless, he thought he never injected the T1 in the first set of ESIs until I told him he did then he looked back on the chart & said oh yes I did, well could that be why I had more relief with the first set? that was what I asked him. I will be asking his office tommorrow when I take my scripts in to please verify if the ribs were done or not, because I am really confused & I am letting them know when I go for the next set that I want to know every location of the injections, I do not want to be left wondering anymore. Crazy, dont you think? I will know more when I talk to my sister, she hopefully will remember what the nurse said.
This doctor I believe is one who does not like the Myofascial damage dx because he will not go there even when the surgeon wrote it on the script so I could get into PM.
I will tell you I am tired of starting over & not having a clue as to what is going on.
pain like this is caused from something & I do think that at least some is coming from the spine. Thats why I asked you about all that. Soon as I have some time I am doing my own research, not to self dx but to try to see if I can help the PM try to find out if there is an area we may be over looking. I swear my symptoms are so sparactic & can be different. I am getting the hip/leg thing & some dizziness when turning my head at times. I let him know today about the hip thing but he kind of ignored it. I am wondering if I do have issues in that lower back, the naturalistic doctor I went to see said he thought so with out a doubt & I have tried ot ignore it &not bring it up alot thinking it would just confuse an already complicated situation, I am clueless anymore as to if I am doing the wrong of right thing, but outside of the bone scan the lower back (lumbar) has never been looked at. What do you think? Think it could be causing any of this?

I just dont want to go another 2 or 3 yrs not knowing for sure you know?
So what do you think, my visit was as crazy as yours my friend, lol. I swear if this continues I am asking for therapy. He briefly brought up the SNS so lets see if it comes up in the future again. I will indeed look into the info you gave me, thank you so much. I have just been either busy or not doing great & that has held me back abit from coming on as much as I want to. I hope you are well, talk to you soon, Sammy

Old 08-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

i too think our PMs are not totally 'there' when we speak to them becasue of too many patients too. my PM this time around was totally distracted from me like he was really just tired? i know he had been doing a TON of procedures that day i was in. this was the very first time i had any procedure where there were other people in that recovery area besides me. they were there when i went into the procedure room and just kept coming and going like it was some sort of assembly line or something. really busier than the norm. he had been on a two week vacation right before so i guess that could explain the 'rush" of patients. it just really sucked,alot.

it would really be interseting just to see what happens with that one stellate injection being done on you. i am kinda suprised he didn;t want to at least rule this in or out like right away since it would explain alot of your stranger symptoms. SNS involvment just creates such a huge array of stranger symptoms that just fit with alot of what you have had going on even before that surgery ya know? obtaining all those procedure notes at this point would really really be the best way to see what was and was not actually done. all he had to do is check his own notes in order to see what he did with regards to those ribs. i don;t know why he just didn;t do that either. honestly sammy,some of the more insane crap i have had to deal with up in my SNS damaged areas really really have been so much like yours. very sporadic and off the wall at times. the areas where i do have confirmed SNS damage like in my face,keep generating and creating these insane little spontaneous pain syndromes? like what happened when all i did was have that dang tooth drilled and filled the week before my freaking surgery. now THAT was insane,totally insane,and so flippin painful and nothing,i mean nothing would actually work to bring it down once it took off and i could actually feel that intensity rising up in my jaw on that right side. just freaky really. that stellate really really is just plain needed for you,the sooner the better.

ya know,it should not have to take bringing your husband in to just get med changes done. thats just so insane really. it does back you up but it just should not have to take someone else to tell your PM about your pain to just simply do the right thing there. at least he is finally addresssing the pain med issue,and possibly getting onto the LA version should just be a no brainer actually. you just simply need that more consistant blood plasma level that the LA meds bring along with them,not to mention the tylenol issue.

i just do not have a freaking clue as to what is going to take place tomorrow at my PM appt. when i heard my Rxes were at the pharm in like record time,i really am starting to wonder whether i will be seeing my NP for this visit or if they are actually going to let me see my actual PM. i just DO NOT want to see either one of those nurses who could not actually shut their mouths. it would be a bit awkward to say the least,unless of course i am getting some sort of apology(they WOULD know it was me that got them a talkin to ya know). you can bet that there will be some sort of new protocal in place because of what happened at my procedure,like no stupid conversations are to take place with the PM while he is working with a patient type of thing? it was just sick sammy,really sick to do to a patient who has a very limited amount of time that you can actually even obtain with your own PM to just ask questions and have him ask you questions?? my care was compromised as far as needing to tell my PM what actually occured during that nightmare with the first block but it actually DID work as far as what i wanted it to do? he didn;t have a freaking clue that it actually did work when he did the second one,not a clue. and since that block was done this last time,while i didn;t really "feel" at the beginning like it actually did anything,right now and for about the past week or so,the burning intensity has been somewhat noticably lower than it had been right after it was done. so things are better there,now all i have to do is get this upper back and c spine mess down to a much duller roar.gee,now that should be easy??

i have PT again this afternoon and am looking forward to it. i just love my PT guy and the way he can really just release that upper diaphram that is just constantly being ****** off by that dang kidney. after he does just that one area sammy,god,i can actually freely breathe again? its just crazy how this therepy actually works on those muscles and the diaphrams. once things calm down a bit for you hon,it really would benefit your overly tightened up situation there if you went this route too, i am sure of that. with all of the constant inflammation you have had going on for so freaking long,those muscles and also your diaphram just have to be so overly tight right now too. once that fascia starts to get angry,it just kind of contracts within/upon itslef and that,as you already know affects your muscles and the ability to just use them normally without paying that very heavy price. just something that should be tried at some point when other things have been a bit better controlled and actually properly dxed for you.

yep,just dive into the dermatomes hon,it really is interesting to see where the bands run and where your issues are. at some point that lower area does need an MRI done on it too. while some things could very well be stemming from the over the top inflammtion you have in the upper areas,something could be going on in the lower thorasic or lumbar areas too. its just an area of possible problems that does need ruling out or in ya know? so many of the upper muslces also interconnect with ones beneath them so anything is indeed possible there. getting an MRI done would just show where the possible trigger is stemming from.

well keep me posted on all things hon. including any leads on what you find with looking into those dermatomes too. i will let ya know how tomorrow goes for me. should be fun. wish me luck sammy,Marcia

Old 08-12-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marcia, are you going to mention anything at this appointment? Are you still trying to seek some raise or change in your meds?

I dont really have any real burning sensation, so I am not sure if that would rule out the SNS involvment. I am keeping the stellate injection in mind, trust me. I agree that sooner or later the lumbar will be to be looked into. The spine as a whole you know.
Honestly I am concerned that he did not think he did the ribs, & he went over his notes. I swear the surgical nurse said he did. I am waiting for a call from my sister to see what she remembers. From now on I want who ever goes with my to take notes. I am starting a binder with every single thing to be placed in it.
This appointment was just to strange. There should never be that big gap in communication. Although I tried to find out after the procedure. I will admitt I think I struggle with explaining things & have to improve on that end, but I am so gun shy because of past experiances & will have to spit out my feelings on that once I get to know this PM better. He has proven he takes my husbunds word more seriously. In some sense I understand that I am new to him so I am trying to be pateint, but only to a point. His nurses have made statements that its easy to see the pain level with me so I just dont get how he can miss it, but then he does not see me before or after the procedures, just his surgical staff.
I agree with you I firmly believe I am having problems with the myofascial. I just know it, I dont know why he avoids that particulair topic, but as I said once I get to know him I will indeed pick at him more. I just cant risk to much now, hard to get in or even find a good PM.
I am really curious how your appointment will go. I will watch for your post.
I am going in slow mode so everything takes me forever which keeps me busy, cant wait to get some time just to do as I please. I forgot he also mentioned that he felt I had some anxiety over the pain, glad he did not take that any further because I would have probably walked out. I cant go there again with any doctor, I respect a doctor for saying I am not sure whats going on but will continue to look, but not one who plays the mind games, will not ever go there again.
I think you are right on about these PMs being so busy, I know this one is so highly recommended that I honestly think he is just to busy. I just dont want my care jeapordized. I have to admitt I am abit apprehensive until I discover about those injections, I am not sure about all the steriods & such but I do not need some doctor accidently over dosing me you know? That has me worried. Let me know how your appointment goes, I am really curious to see what happens, dont blame you abit for being so upset & feel someone owes you a big apolagy, perhaps they should wave the charge or part of it for that visit, after all you never got the time you paid for. Good luck my friend, Sammy

Old 08-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

well,of course the mere mention of actually just raising my nite meds sent my NP intolike a panic or something. i have come to realize thatthey just do not actually "go" above a certain set amount of OC for any patient and will do anything and everything to try and keep it under a certain level. i kinda got this idea when my actual PM gave me the only real increase in my OC a couple years ago? when he told the nurse he was going to add that 20 mgs to my morning dose back then,i heard her make some sort of comment to him about this being over a certain of daily amount or something? i took that to mean that he normally does not go that high or something? he kind of gave her a look like "i know its okay" kind of thing and she wrote the Rx for me and he signed it. sooo,when i asked for the addition to my nite dose at my appt(i just finally asked for it since it has been sooo needed for sooo long) she decided instead that we were going to play "lets just switch around her meds again thing"? they had done this once before when my day time was really bad so they just took that 20 from my nite(which didn;t bother me then since my nite pain and just lying down was my least painful of the day) and added it to my midday dose and it worked really well til sh** hit the fan while i was waiting for my knee surgery and my aneurysm was Dxed,thats when i just had to also tear the meniscus in that same knee? this was when my PM added that 20mgs which brought my morning up to 80 and my midday was already at that 80 from moving the night one down,but this left me only with that 40 at night. things were still okay with the night til shortly after my aneurysm was coiled and someone just had to have moved my c spine wrong while i was under. after that,everything hit the fan with my c spine and i had TPs in places up there i never had them before. don;t know what those people did to me but they did something that really set off that nightmare up there and its been progressing ever since. then the tendon went in nov of last year in my rotator,and you know the rest.

SO, now, we are doing the 60-80-60 thing. get that. this has helped some with my night crap but it leaves me a bit under the norm in the morning now. but my pain was bad in the morning i am thinking only becasue there was such a huge drop in my night coverage,you know what i mean? so this has kind of helped but its taking abit to get used to. i know my overall blood plasma level is much more balanced right now than it was when i was doing the 80-80-40 thing,so that does make an impact in just keeping things on a more even keel type thing? i don;t know sammy,but i really am kind of ****** that they could not simply add that 20mgs to my night ya know? i have been there for over four and a half years and had only one 20mg increase in that whole time to my overall daily intake. but they are just stuck on not raising someones OC above a set limit,that i do know for certain now. so now we see how things go and go back in one month to evaluate. should be fun. i now also have to pay for two seperate oxy rxes since they had to rx the 20 mg tabs along with the 40s that i was already taking too. gets a bit spendy since i have to have the name brand oxy or it gets ugly for me. it's just a much higher co pay,from only 6 bucks for the generic to 25 for the name. i also had to do the annual pee in in a cup thing and also resign my contract again. what fun. so thats where i am at right now. we will have to see how rhings go here then take a look at it and ecide if this is gfoing to hold things back enoguh or if i may have to try another LA type med.

my blocks actually worked much better now than i thought would even be realistically possible. as time went by after that second one,i really did start to feel a big lessening of that deeper intense burning,and i can use my TENS again for the flares without havig to set it so high that it was triggering muscle spasms from the electrical current being too high for me to handle.

i am just suffering now from some bone pain in that same surgical upper arm on that side now? its kind of at the very top of that humorus? and goes slightly back to the very beginning of that top of the scapula that runs from that top? my PT has been working alot back onto that surgical area again to try and do something with that bone pain. he did say the other day that my arm/shoulder shows alot better overall movement now. but i think this area on that bone was where my ortho took this pic of what looked like little reddish spider vein type markings that were right on or in the surface of the bone there? i cannot for the life of me remeber what he said about that area of the bone or just what that was all about(of course). but i think that IS the spot or area where i am getting the bone pain at right now. i am just hoping that everything healed right ya know? i am sure you feel the same way given your night bouncing all over the place?

soo that is where things are right now for me. i did tell my NP all about not being able to speak with my PM during my procedure,she did not seem to even be aware of what occured that day. she seemed genuinely suprised when i told her about it,and she DID make notes about it as i was speaking to her about it. that just should not have happened at all. i just deserved much better treatment that day and the time to actually speak with my own doc ya know? who knows what will come of that.

have you been able to sit down and do some research yet on your dermatomes or too busy or too much pain to go there right now? you really do need to just get a much clearer understanding of just what effects what given your all over the map type of symptoms you have had going on. just getting the basics down should at least give you a much clearer understanding of what you are feeling and where it could be comming from ya know? but knowing for certain just where those blocks are being done and your responses will also tell alot too. you just DO need that stellate soon. i just do think that one test would really show alot for you, and could even help with some of your pain. mine did. i would just ask him about it and ask if nothing else,if trying it for pain control would be an option. these are simply used as a diagnostic tool and for pain control as well when the SNS is actually generating it. there is just "something' underlying(feeding it and firing it) in all this stuff you have going on sammy,and i do really feel that at least a big part of it is being generated at the SNS. there could be many different ways your SNS could have been or is being affected given what you have had going on and for so long too. could be within that chest area or at the spinal level too. unfortunetly these blocks just take awhile to sort out as far as using them as diagnostics. its test and rule out til you hit on the right stuff. hopefully he is making at least some connections by now for you. just keep me posted hon. i do hope you have a low pain weekend. Marcia

Old 08-18-2008, 07:12 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Marcia, I am glad you mentioned what had happened. We just rely to much on these appoinments not to be give full attention. You are so complicated, It seems everything has to be just so with you. That has got to be tough.
I am really having some strange things occur, leg pain this weekend, liek tons of pins & needles going up the sides of my calves. To strange. The chest/rib area is god awful, I am really getting tired of that. The ribs are hurting into the back area, which never had to much of before. Something is going on. I feel like a freak for sure. What the heck, you know. I know there is a big time problem & I am getting worried. Keep getting that dizzy feeling, I do not like that at all. I am just going to really express my concerns after this next set of ESIs & going on a LA med, enough of this every 4hrs, & its not even lasting the 4hrs at times. I told my husbund enough of this crap. Went to a friends for church & dinner, well what a mess, dry heaves from the pain trying to kick in, hot packing & icing & watching the clock for the next dose. Thank god it was at my friend who is like a sister to me, I would have been so embarrassed otherwise. So enough of that.
you right no time & to mcuh pain but that is my goal this week is to research all of that.
I am startinga binder with all my PM stuff & notes. I just feel I will have to try to help myself, I cant wait around & do nothing. I feel some days like I am having an ongoing heart attack & I just cant handle that. So enough of messing around.
I am going to be going over everything as soon as I get a chance. I just have to feel up to startng it. This is different, my support to start my day comes first.
I still have alot of scapula pain so I can identify with you. Feels bone deep & liek someone is twisting my arm behind my back, drives me crazy.
I am thinking after these attempts with the ESIs he may mention the SNS & if he dont I will. So far he is pretty open minded. I know I could have done alot worse for a PM. I think he is getting to know me & that is what it is going to take with this PM, I know that. I just am struggling to stay positive lately. You know feeling abit moody & awhole lot scared. I so admire you courage & determination. You know whats going on & you do what you have to do. Did you ever look into to trying that cyroderm? I am ordering some wintergreen oil & a new one out for deep pain, I will tell you at times I love that stuff.
I will be letting you know when I look into the dermatones, in fact you should know me by now, probably be picking that brain of yours,lol. Have to get ready for work, strapping some ice on to get going, how pathetic is that, lol. Take care my friend, Sammy

Closed Thread