It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2008, 05:01 PM   #1
(female)

LynnGal1974 HB User
High Akaline Phosphatase/AST/ALT

For the last two years have been getting blood testes for HIGH Alkaline Phosphatase (140), AST (127) & ALT(115). I don't smoke, don't drink, don't take dugs, don't eat a high fat diet, had my gall bladder removed in Dec because of stones. SO it can't be that anymore, also have face flushing and my bones hurt very bad - mostly at night from my knees down to my ankles.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
(female)

FM927 HB User
Re: High Akaline Phosphatase/AST/ALT

What did the DR. say? I also have an elevated ALP level but normal liver profile. I had to take a blood test to see were the elevated ALP is coming from., either the liver or the bones. Don't have results yet and it is making me crazy.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: High Akaline Phosphatase/AST/ALT

just wondering if they have ever actually done any real liver testing other than your labs,like an ultrasound? an ultrasound on your liver really should be done just to 'see' what it looks like,and to check the actual blood flow thru the vascular structures using the doppler tool. usually when labs actually get out of the normal ranges,its due to underlying damage that just reaches that threshold of set parameters. it should just be checked out,espescially since your GB is no longer there. i personally have both a liver and a kidney disease myself,and my youngest son suffered thru liver failure and a transplant back in 99-2000. so i do know a bit about both organs. your liver just needs a bit more in depth types of testing to see how it looks. believe me,what your labs say and what any given organ actually looks like as far as damage can in some cases be a totally different story(tho yours do show problems). i have had and still have really great within all normal ranges labs,but despite them looking great,my US's that i have had done show some really heavy damage to them from huge cystic formations. so you really don;t know the whole picture til you get that look and the labs done too.

the liver itself just needs to be evaluated at this point as the possible culprit. it would be the most logical place considering the labs you have out of range right now. how is your billi level? marcia

Closed Thread