It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2008, 02:19 AM   #1
(female)

diagnosedyeah HB User
breaking bones for no reason!! why??

I dont know if anyone has ever exper. this one or heard of someone, but i have broken my neck, actually shattered it, by turning my head, it got 'caught' (osteophytes) and when i tried to straighten it, it broke. after that healing, several complications, i broke both upper arms by lifting bags at xmas time, i have broken foot bones by doing next to nothing, droped a sample bottle of something on my sock covered foot on carpet, and broke 2 foot bones. what is going on???? i have autoimmune disesase, so far specifically sjogrens (secondary to lupus) and RA. otherwise they cannot figure out ANYTHING. I also have terrible skin involvement, open ulcer-like sores that are extremely painful and take about 8 months minimum to heal, regular skin injuries, scratches, etc, take normal time, a few days. i am just puzzled and worried about the bone issue, can't take many more breaks, especially serious ones like the neck which after the fact i was told i had about an 80 % paralyzation chance, and I walked away literally.... so i need help before it does become a real issue. thank you so much for you help.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hrtofluv HB User
Re: breaking bones for no reason!! why??

An orthopedic surgeon would be the best option for discovering a diagnosis for you.
As for hearing about brittle bone disease, I have a friend's son that was diagnosed. He has a milder form of the disease, and it took a genetic test sent out about 3 months to get the diagnosis (it's a skin biopsy). You could have osteoporosis (not enough calcium - typically affects senior citizens). But worth getting a diagnosis, cause some of these things you can treat or minimize with treatments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread