It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
(male)

iPodReal HB User
weak and loud bones?

im 14, and i think i have a really bad bone condition... i used to crack my fingers often when i was little, but that was it and nothing ever hapened... now in the past year, lots of bone related issues has happened

i can now crack:
fingers
toes
ankles
elbows
wrists (crack by themselves)
neck sometimes
knees sometimes

then these joints make sounds by themselves:
both middle fingers on my hands
ankles
neck
jaw
right big toe

and then my wrist doesnt make an audible sound but i can feel it "pop" out of place sort of

its really weird and im afraid if im experiencing all these symtoms now when im only 14, what will happen when im 50!!

i've been taking calcium + vitamin D pills semi-regularly for nearly 2 months now, but no improvement, actually getting worse... what should i do? what is this?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #2
(female)

princessinlove HB User
Re: weak and loud bones?

I have the same problem, it started with me popping my fingers and now I pop everything just like you but 10 times a day. If i don't pop my back it starts hurting, if I don't pop my neck I feel stressed.
I have no idea what it is.
I even get up at night just to pop my back and arms becuase they start hurting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2011, 01:49 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: weak and loud bones?

At your young age, you need to see your family doctor. Most times, when someone "cracks" their knuckles, it is the sound of bubbles in the joint fluid that makes that sound and it is completely harmless. Same for the other joints. I know my son used to "crack" his neck all the time and he is just fine.

But just in case, since there are things that can go wrong with kids, you should show you doctor all the joints you can crack an ask if this is just harmless joint noises.

Most joint noises are just "noises". If those same joints hurt, a lot, then I'd be worried. But you said nothing about pain. Arthritis hurts....a lot. And in kids, you would see redness and feel heat around the joints too. Kids don't get osteoarthritis...the arthritis of aging...but can get arthritis if a joint is injured or they can get a type of arthritis that makes them sick all over.

I suspect you just have joint noises from those joint fluid bubbles and that is normal and harmless. But ask you doc to put your mind at ease.

hugs..........Jenny

Closed Thread