It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
(male)

EricW1125 HB User
Crooked Fingers.

I have crooked fingers (especially noticeable on my left hand, and especially my pinky finger) i recently started to learn how to play the guitar therefore just recently if have really noticed how crooked they are...unless they've gotten worse over time. Now I'm like 98% sure that this is a genetic flaw because i cant remember breaking any for my fingers and as a result healing crooked. But anyway my pinky is really crooked and gets in the way often i also suspect that it is hindering my ability on the guitar i know im new top playing but i do practice often and my pinky bends inward (bent towards the ring finger) and its quite annoying, also its easily noticeable and looks very strange. My main question is assuming this is genetics and from the day i was born my fingers were crooked is there a way or a type of surgery to correct this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2009, 02:02 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Crooked Fingers.

I have an inward/palm bent pinky from tendon ruptures from rheumatoid arthritis and you wouldn't think that darn little pinky could cause so much trouble but it really gets in the way! I see a hand surgeon next month, I'm not sure what he'll suggest.

Maybe you should see a orthopedist. It sounds to me like a tendon rupture or an ulnar nerve problem, esp the inward bending pinky. (both of which could have genetic causes)

Any bumps or lumps in the palm of your hands? Dupuytren's Contracture runs in families and often effects the ring and/or pinky fingers. I think it's more common in older folks though.

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 06-08-2009 at 02:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread