It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #1
(female)

DazzledStar HB User
Bone Tumor Recurrence

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone ever had a bone tumor or cyst that came back? In January I had cutterage surgery to remove an aneurmysal bone cyst from my left tibia. Up until about 3-4 weeks ago things were great. But, since that time I've had a lot of pain in the same region, the area is swollen and warm, and an x-ray looks suspicious. I'm having a CT done Monday and an MRI and followup with my orthopedic oncologist on Wednesday. He is not sure if it is the cyst coming back or a possible fracture but will know after the CT and MRI. I guess I'm just a bit nervous and looking for anyone else who has dealt with this. The thought of surgery again does not make me very happy. Right now I'm in a fracture boot and on crutches. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-07-2009, 04:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User
Re: Bone Tumor Recurrence

Maybe scar tissue adherring to your surgical cite(inside) and causing friction pain? I have had lots of surgeries AFTER my initial surgery to correct this. (Sorry about CAPS, it's the only way I know to emphaize ) Anyway it could be a lot of things. I had a complete bone resection, I think a fancy way of saying amputation as without my limb salvage prosthesis I wouldn't have a leg to stand on. A little bit of humor.

Bonnie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

DazzledStar HB User

Thanks for the reply Bonnie! Hope your leg is feeling better!

I went to my orthopedic oncologist hoping for a fracture but my tumor/cyst has come back and spread into the soft tissue surrounding my bone. I'm having surgery on Tuesday and am a bit nervous. It seems like I just went through all this! And now it involves my muscles and nerves and will take a bit longer to heal. He also mentioned the possibility of me having a "drop foot" after surgery and having to have another surgery to correct that.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User

i know what you mean, i think i have a little drop foot. my leg is always dragging and i trip over nothing.

good luck with this surgery!

Closed Thread