It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

Ala84 HB User
stiffness after cast removal

Hi..my mother has broken her radius in may, and put a cast for 2 months, after removing the cast there was stiffness in her wrist and fingers so that she can't bend them all the way down, her hand has improved now she can now use it much more than after removing the cast but still there is stiffness in her fingers...will her fingers come back to normal again?

Old 11-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: stiffness after cast removal

Tell her to keep moving them even if it hurts. They will get going again. It's just stiffness from lack of use and it will go away with use and time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2009, 04:28 PM   #3
(female)

Ala84 HB User

thank you so much,i really appreciate ur help..u think it needs much more time?

Old 11-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #4
(female)

Ala84 HB User

thank you so much,i really appreciate ur help..u think it needs much more time? she removed the cast 2 months ago..it is improving but she still can't bend her fingers all the way down , do u think it will become better?
thanx again

Old 11-05-2009, 04:46 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User

Try giving her a small rubber ball to squeeze. That might get the strength back. the tendons in her hands are weak and need to be moved. And yes, it can take a lot of time....longer than the time the cast was on. She will be okay with time, I'm sure of it.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:00 AM   #6
(female)

Ala84 HB User

I know i bothered you and i am so sorry for that, but i am worried about her..
she does excersises all the time, when she removed the cast she couldn't do anything even catch a blouse but now she is using it in her daily activities, but when she excersises her hand ,it becomes better but after a some time her hand became as before the excersise..do u think it is normal?
she puts it everyday in a hot water, do u advice her to do so?

thank you very much and i apologize for bothering you again

Closed Thread