It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
(female)

squiggley HB User
Ulnar impaction syndrome and pigmented villonodular synovitis

Hi
I wondered if anyone else has experience of these problems?

I have a tumour in my wrist, which has been biopsied and has now been diagnosed as PVNS. Obviously, I'm hugely relieved that it is not malignant (they thought it might be synovial sarcoma) but it will have to be removed. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had this done and would like to know if recurrence has been a problem.

I also have long standing ulnar sided wrist pain, after a fall nearly six years ago. The surgeon is considering ulnar shortening, but today decided to do an arthroscopy and at the same time remove my tumour, then make a final decision on the shortening procedure which would be done at a later date.

He showed me an area of damage to the lunate bone on my x ray which is as a result of the ulnar impaction, but thinks he may be able to do something with the ligaments. Again, if anyone else has experience of this kind of problem, I would love to hear from you.

I am getting fairly desperate and would probably agree to any procedure to attempt to reduce the pain I've been struggling with for the last few years. Any advice gratefully received.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
(female)

pyxie HB User
Re: Ulnar impaction syndrome and pigmented villonodular synovitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggley View Post
Hi
I wondered if anyone else has experience of these problems?

I have a tumour in my wrist, which has been biopsied and has now been diagnosed as PVNS. Obviously, I'm hugely relieved that it is not malignant (they thought it might be synovial sarcoma) but it will have to be removed. I'd really appreciate hearing from anyone who has had this done and would like to know if recurrence has been a problem.

I also have long standing ulnar sided wrist pain, after a fall nearly six years ago. The surgeon is considering ulnar shortening, but today decided to do an arthroscopy and at the same time remove my tumour, then make a final decision on the shortening procedure which would be done at a later date.

He showed me an area of damage to the lunate bone on my x ray which is as a result of the ulnar impaction, but thinks he may be able to do something with the ligaments. Again, if anyone else has experience of this kind of problem, I would love to hear from you.

I am getting fairly desperate and would probably agree to any procedure to attempt to reduce the pain I've been struggling with for the last few years. Any advice gratefully received.
I have had the ulnaosteotomy 2 weeks ago it hurts and you wont be able to push or pull after for 12 weeks the pain in the first 48 hours was unbearable. I had the ulna impaction issue occur because of previous radial head trauma so i cant speak for the other issue. If you can avoid it do because after that cartilage is already damaged and the impaction can happen again even if you do have it shortened then you will go through this for nothing best wishes on what you choose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #3
(female)

squiggley HB User
Re: Ulnar impaction syndrome and pigmented villonodular synovitis

Thanks for the advice Pyxie, hope you are healing now and your pain is improving x

Closed Thread