It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 PM   #1
(female)

ariley21 HB User
iliac bone lesion

my boyfriend just got word fro the doctor that he has a iliac bone lesion...... any one know anything about those?

Old 04-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #2
(female)

ventcrew HB User
Re: iliac bone lesion

I was wondering if they said a lytic bone lesion. My son hurt his hand at work a couple weeks ago, and when they did the xray for a possible break on the second metacarpal (hand bone), they seen a bone lesion on the fifth metacarpal. He went to the orthopedic doc and he said it was a lytic bone lesion of the 5th metacarpal and he needs to see an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in that stuff. He told him they are almost always benign. He has an appt for April 6th. We are worried about it, like any one would be. He has no pain whatsoever in the area of his baby finger (5th metacarpal) and only had pain in the area where he injured it (index finger) for about a week. All we can do is let you know when we find out something. Did your boyfriend have pain or swelling that prompted him to get it checked out or was it found on some other test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2011, 07:14 AM   #3
(male)

Davidwesty HB User
Re: iliac bone lesion

I just got word that I have the same thing...I have the same question as you do. I am going in for a bone scan to determine in more detail what the cat scan picked up. The doctor told me at this point it could be a number of things from over grown bones, calcium, tumor, cancer or poor circulation causing the bone to die. I see you posted in 2010 and I would like to hear how things turned out for your boy friend. I am concerned about what they might find with the bone scan, but i am staying positive and praying that it is not serious.

Closed Thread