It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
(male)

humsafar HB User
Spine function....

Hi there, this is my first post so please help me out guys......

I am 23 years old and my height is 5,9' I do many yoga's and other exercises to increase my height further which helped initially by adding an inch to my height...but now something weird is going on....

As i woke up in the morning and measure my height it is half an inch greater but by the time passes till night and when before sleeping i measure it again then it goes shrinking back to the original....What is wrong with me?

I do yoga's of spine such as Bhujangasana which involves spinal stretch but what is the proper reasoning of increasing and then shrinking of my height?

Old 01-27-2011, 04:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

jennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB Userjennybyc HB User
Re: Spine function....

When you lie down, gravity has no effect on your skeletal height. Your body can stretch out. By the end of the day, gravity has caused your skeleton to crush down by 1/2 inch. Between your body weight and the earth's gravity. you become shorter only to grow longer as you rest since gravity isn't at work.

Has nothing to do with you or your yoga or anything...it's simply gravity taking it's toll on you. Does it to all of us. You'd be taller if you were on the moon....1/6th the gravity of earth.

Jenny

The Following User Says Thank You to jennybyc For This Useful Post:
humsafar (01-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
(male)

humsafar HB User
Re: Spine function....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennybyc View Post
When you lie down, gravity has no effect on your skeletal height. Your body can stretch out. By the end of the day, gravity has caused your skeleton to crush down by 1/2 inch. Between your body weight and the earth's gravity. you become shorter only to grow longer as you rest since gravity isn't at work.

Has nothing to do with you or your yoga or anything...it's simply gravity taking it's toll on you. Does it to all of us. You'd be taller if you were on the moon....1/6th the gravity of earth.

Jenny
gravity takes its toll on everyone including children who are going through height increment process...it does not mean children stop growing taller so why me?
My height is 5'9'' and weight is 66 Kg...is it because of weight?
Is it harmful for my health?
how do i help myself ?

Pleeeeeeeeeeez jenny .......HELP MEEEEEEEE

Last edited by humsafar; 01-27-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Closed Thread