It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #1
(male)

nawsanenawmean HB User
Joint cracking/popping.. now aching bones.

Hi there. I am a 27 year old white male. About 5'10", 175 pounds.

I've never been much of an exerciser, my eating habits haven't really always been very good, and I've worked nights for going on 8 years now.. so maybe that is related to my issue......

Starting in my early 20's, I noticed my joints would click,clack,pop in some of the slightest movements. Over the years it has progressively gotten worse. It's become very irritating and annoying!!!

I've seen a Doctor about it a couple times and they basically said not to worry about it unless there was any pain, which there wasn't. They also blood tested for Arthritis and Vitamin D deficiency (seeing that I get a lack of Sun), but... with negative results.

I've been taking Vitamin D supplement. I always take Calcium due to heartburn. And I've tried Glucosamine, but nothing seems to help. I've also started to exercise for a change...

But, over the last several months, I've noticed that my bones have started to ache, mostly (arms, wrists, legs, hips). My other Doctor said not to worry about it, as he said it was probably due to lack of exercise and lack of sun. I wouldn't necessarily call it pain, but the aches can range from dull to pretty achey. Usually they are like pulses of aches. Not necessarily a constant ache in a single spot....

Does anybody have any similar issues? And what could it be? It's starting to worry me. I'm the kind of guy that always thinks the worse about anything and everything.. like fearing bone cancer, or fearing that I have cancer that has traveled to my bones.

EDIT: Also wanted to mention, the aches don't occur on the joints when I get the "popping" and "cracking". The aches seem to be on the bone itself. There is no ache when I get when of my usual joint "cracks".

Last edited by nawsanenawmean; 04-19-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread