It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2011, 12:25 PM   #1
(male)

cloudeleven HB User
Throat Pain - What could be the problem?

I'm a 30 year old male, and I have had mild throat pain when I swallow for at least the past couple of months. The pain seems to be on my adam's apple area. When I touch my finger near my adam's apple, I feel some pain. I don't feel a lump in my throat. I don't have a cough, phlegm, or heartburn, don't clear my throat, and can swallow easily (just the mild pain sometimes).

The pain on my throat when I touch it with my finger is in the area between where the attached diagram points out the hyoid bone and the thyroid cartilage.

The past couple of days for the first time my voice has been hoarse all day, but could that be because I was touching my larynx a couple of nights ago to see where the pain was?

I haven't had any throat injuries. I've never smoked in my life, have only drank one or two alcoholic drinks in my life, and am not sexually active. My father smoked when I was a child, but he quit when I was 8 years old. Could my sleeping position be causing this? I sleep on one pillow on my side.

Do you think this is cancer, or does it sound like LPR? What tests would an ENT likely do on me, and how much would the visit + tests costs (ballpark figure)? I have health insurance, but there's a $1500 deductible.
Attached Images
File Type: png Gray1195.png (45.7 KB, 1 views)

Old 05-04-2011, 04:25 PM   #2
(female)

worrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB Userworrywartmom39 HB User
Re: Throat Pain - What could be the problem?

could it just be slight irritation from something you have recently drank or eaten? It might be mild GERD but I doubt it is LPR, LPR usually has alot of mucus associated with it. I believe it is what I am suffering with right now. I don't know what to tell you in costs related to tests but if you have insurance as you said, you just pay your copays then your monthly payments, whatever they would be. Is your insurance 80/20? Not trying to be nosy, just trying to help you come up with an idea of out of pocket.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread