It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
(female)

miniduck HB User
how to walk again

Please has anyone had trouble with learning how to walk normal again? I no way have mensa intelligence, nor do I consider myself really stupid. BUT! Last week I finally had my cast removed, put into a walking boot with some weight able to be put on ankle. My problem is it's my right ankle, thats the problem. Apparently I must be right brained. Having a horrible fear of moving my right foot or even my left foot. Still relying on my walker considerbly put weight on walking boot then a little hop with walker and left foot. Start physical therapy morrow. If anyone understands this rambling , when does the fear go away it is ok to move feet one at a time .Thank-you I feel very inept. Not sure how to get over fear of possibly putting weight down on ankle and breaking it again.

The following user gives a hug of support to miniduck:
taylor30 (07-30-2011)
Old 07-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
(female)

taylor30 HB User
Re: how to walk again

Hi,
I'm 3 weeks into a trimalleolar fracture of my right ankle and i too am dreading the time when my cast has to come off and i have to start learning to walk again,the thought of putting weight on my ankle again scares the living daylights out of me,i almost don't want the cast to come off.
I'm sure that once the physio starts it will get easier,but just to let you know i understand exactly what you mean and i hope you overcome this fear...keep us updated on your progress )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
(female)

AllForMusic HB User
Re: how to walk again

It's definitely going to take time. Learning how to walk again is not something you can just do in a day.
However, it will get easier.
It's like when babies learn to walk. You'll have to regain your footing at first, but after a while you'll be fine.
Hope this helped

Closed Thread