It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2011, 04:28 PM   #1
(female)

SportyLes HB User
Question Weird lump on the inside of wrist.

Hi, I'm Leslie. I'm 32 - very active girl. About 2 years ago I started having pain in my wrist. I play volleyball 3 times a week - I catch myself a lot on that wrist. I also golf and play softball several times a week. It's safe to say that my wrist see's a lot of action.

I developed a lump on the inside of my wrist, just under my thumb. It's a hard lump - it does have a little give when it's pushed on, but it's pretty hard. I recently went to the doctor and he acted unsure what it was. He said he thinks it's a cyst, but he is unsure because he hasn't ever seen a ganglion cyst in that location. He wanted me to get an MRI, but it is going to cost me $800 out of pocket. Things are tight, so I just cancelled it. Anyway - has anyone dealt with this before? Did it ever go away on it's own... what results did you have and how was it treated? My doctor said that it is running over an artery, so he is not comfortable trying to drain it or mess with it without MRI results.

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/IMAG0427.jpg

http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...8/IMAG0427.jpg

Last edited by SportyLes; 07-31-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: adding picture

The following user gives a hug of support to SportyLes:
Tolson (12-30-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #2
(male)

Tolson HB User
Re: Weird lump on the inside of wrist.

Hi I have had the same problem for years,I'm a joiner and am into motocross so my wrists take a heavy battering too,but all is not lost, I know it's not the norm to post replies such as this but it worked for me,
First take a heavy object ,I used a metal torch and placed my wrist on the table and struck right on the peak,the pain was awful but the lump went as soon as the swelling wend down,it comes back every year or so and I just repeat as needed. My great grandfather told me how to do it as he was in the navy and had the same problem,I hope this helps but don't hold it against me if it doesn't x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread