It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2011, 05:57 AM   #1
(female)

jesa4 HB User
Question fibular head pain

Hi All!!,

This is my first time posting on this board. I have some pain that has been going on for about a year and a half now if not two years. I thought is was my knees and just did some research and discovered it is my fibular head. The bones that stick out under the knee cap.

I have this pain on both sides. They are very sore and tender to the touch. It is extremely painful when they barely brush up against something. Most recently when sitting the pain on my left side goes all the way down the bone to the top of my foot.

Please let me know if this is something you or someone you know has experienced. I would appreciate any insight as to what this may be.

Thanks! Have a Great and Blessed day!!

Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: fibular head pain

Pain just under the knee that shoots down toward the ankle could be related to spasms of the peroneal muscles. Try rubbing back and forth across the bone to ease it. You can also stretch the muscle: Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you, then gently pull your big toe toward you, so that your foot pulls up and turns in.

See how that goes. If it doesn't help, get it checked out by a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread