It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
(female)

ebarbara HB User
Arrow travel advice after cast removal

Hi all -
I have really enjoyed reading through the stories that are so close to mine. On November 13th, 2011 I fell on a wet tile sidewalk in Aruba (last day of vacation at least..) I flew home to NC and went to the ER. X-rays revealed 2breaks - one on the outside of my right lower leg, and one on the inside of the same leg. I saw an orthopedic surgeon a few days later and received a splint which stayed on for a week while the swelling went down. Surgery was scheduled (metal plate with 8 screws on the left side of the leg due to a sprial fracture and a handful of pins on the inside part of ankle. 2 weeks later I went back for more x-rays and a fiberglass cast was put on. I will have the cast for 4 weeks (off Jan 2nd), and then i'm not sure what happens. I'm using crutches now, and since this injury is on my right foot - i'm not driving. I am a furniture showroom designer and am ALWAYS up and bouncing around. I have a flight scheduled for Jan 3rd to Vegas, where i'll have to live for a month getting the showroom ready. If anyone has any advice on traveling after surgery, casts, etc I would be really interested. I know i'll need some mobility help - either a walker, scooter, etc - suggestions welcome here too.
Thank your for taking the time to read this post - i've never written on a message board before and I'm curious to see who out there may be able to send me some holiday cheer and helpful advice - many thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread