It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

Jeanine419 HB User
bunion surgery

hi im 23 years old. i had bunion surgery on my left foot january 26th, six weeks ago. i just started walking yesterday. however when i walk i have a limp. i don't know if i should do physical therapy or if this will just stop with time. my doctor says I'm right on schedule with healing. i go back to work next week, where i am on my feet all day. i am going back two days a week rather than five. my doctor says I'm still swollen and should elevate my foot whenever possible at home. and i know i will have swelling by end of a working day and doctor says i should elevate it and that i may be uncomfortable. i don't know if i should call and ask my doctor to go for physical therapy or to just stick this out and just try and do it myself at home.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

lsto6 HB User
Re: bunion surgery

I had a bunion surgery in March. I was 2 weeks non weight bearing, 2 weeks in a walking boot, and then went right into wearing sneakers and doing physical therapy. When I was at 6 weeks out, I was in physical therapy and wasn't in terrible pain. You might want to try it out and see if it helps! I think it definitely helped me. I now have almost full mobility back and it rarely hurts. Even if you only go to therapy a couple of times they can give you exercises to do at home.

I know your post was from a while ago, but I thought I'd answer anyway and see how you're doing now??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply