It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 09:46 AM   #1
(female)

Tipinen HB User
what is wrong with my bones?

Hi everybody!

I'm new here so I wanna start off by saying hi to everybody! My name is Tiina and I'm from Finland.

My problem is, I had a stress fracture in my right hip and a broken collar bone without any trauma in Jan of last year. It took them a long time before they figured out my hip was broken but when they did they put screws in it. Well, it didn't start to mend so they had me using crutches and sitting in a wheelchair for a long time. Then they decided I need a hip replacement which they did. Now my other hip has a stress fracture in it, without any trauma. So I'm wondering what could be wrong to cause my bones to break like this. I have an MRI on Wednesday and I'm supposed to get the results on July 10th. I don't want to wait that long and I'm scared as to what's wrong. =(

I'm only 28 years old so you would think my bones wouldn't be breaking. I am quite overweight but my boyfriend keeps telling me that still my bones shouldn't be breaking like this. If they don't do more tests or anything I don't know how to demand treatment. I guess here the culture is different so that Finns tend to accept what doctors tell them without questioning it. I feel like I have no right to question what doctors say and I keep thinking they're doing the best they can but maybe they haven't been doing everything they can.

Anybody have any idea what COULD be causing this?

PS: they did the bone density test on me and I THINK (can't remember exactly) that it was borderline osteoporosis. I'm only taking calcium and vitamin D nothing for osteoporosis. MAybe they'll repeat that test and maybe I have osteoporosis, I don't know

Last edited by Tipinen; 07-02-2012 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
(female)

Barb475 HB User
Re: what is wrong with my bones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipinen View Post
Hi everybody!

I'm new here so I wanna start off by saying hi to everybody! My name is Tiina and I'm from Finland.

My problem is, I had a stress fracture in my right hip and a broken collar bone without any trauma in Jan of last year. It took them a long time before they figured out my hip was broken but when they did they put screws in it. Well, it didn't start to mend so they had me using crutches and sitting in a wheelchair for a long time. Then they decided I need a hip replacement which they did. Now my other hip has a stress fracture in it, without any trauma. So I'm wondering what could be wrong to cause my bones to break like this. I have an MRI on Wednesday and I'm supposed to get the results on July 10th. I don't want to wait that long and I'm scared as to what's wrong. =(

I'm only 28 years old so you would think my bones wouldn't be breaking. I am quite overweight but my boyfriend keeps telling me that still my bones shouldn't be breaking like this. If they don't do more tests or anything I don't know how to demand treatment. I guess here the culture is different so that Finns tend to accept what doctors tell them without questioning it. I feel like I have no right to question what doctors say and I keep thinking they're doing the best they can but maybe they haven't been doing everything they can.

Anybody have any idea what COULD be causing this?

PS: they did the bone density test on me and I THINK (can't remember exactly) that it was borderline osteoporosis. I'm only taking calcium and vitamin D nothing for osteoporosis. MAybe they'll repeat that test and maybe I have osteoporosis, I don't know

Maybe your bones lacks calcium which is needed to make it strong and firm. Take regular vitamins and calcium, see a orthopedist weekly for monitoring of your bones...

Reply Reply