It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #1
(female)

michellie38 HB User
Unhappy Anyone with any answeres please help!!!!!!!

Please if you have anything negative to say save it ive been through enough already. Im a mother of an amazing 15 month old baby girl who was taken away from me by the state of ct. She was 3 weeks old when they took her. Here is what i need help with now.....she was 2weeks old and was not moving her leg so i took her to the er with my husband. They said she had a broken leg. The state along with cops came and did their thing. I got to take her home that night. The following week we had to take her to the hospital for another x-ray n they found multiple broken bones all healing at diff stages. Ribs, legs, collarbone, etc. I was and still am a mess over this. She did not have one bruse n nothing internally wrong with her. They placed her with a foster family immediately and accused myself n my husband of child abuse. We love this lil girl so much. My husband is on the army taking care of this country but they said we hurt this precious child?????? Please help if anyone knows anything that could help. We have been fighting over a year. I need my little girl home!!!

The following user gives a hug of support to michellie38:
MountainReader (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User
Re: Anyone with any answeres please help!!!!!!!

Welcome to the Healthboards. I can't answer your question, but I hope others on this board can.

Do you know if any medical testing was performed on your child? If so, have they shared the results with you? I've heard of "brittle bone disease" which is a genetic disorder a child can be born with which can make children prone to broken bones. Mostly all I know is that it is genetic and that children with it often have blue in the whites of their eyes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
(female)

michellie38 HB User

A genetics test was done but it came back negative. Then a year later, last month I was told they didnt do the right testing? I read so much about that disease and she fits word for word, but no onw will listen to me because im " too young"

Old 08-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

I can't speak for your rights regarding your circumstances. You are in a very complex situation. It is important for you and your husband to have proper legal guidance for that. Do you have any military support or resources available to you.

If there is a way, you should formally request to have your daughter re-tested if you believe it really is a medical condition.

Old 08-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #5
(female)

jibs HB User

I am sorry you are in this situation. If you feel she has been wrongly removed from your care and you got her all the medical treatment the Dr. Requested Id consider getting a lawyer. I have to ask...is there ANY chance someone in your life was abusing her? I work with abused kids and I gotta tell you...I hear a lot of stuff that was going on right under parents noses. What is your case plan and are you doing what protective services is asking? If they say jump...you need to jump. Do exactly what they ask and if there is ANY chance something was going on...be upfront about it. I speak from several years experience working with abused kids...their parents...and cps. I wish you well and hope this turns out for the best for everyones interest.

Reply Reply