It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
(female)

annarogersre HB User
Growing Right Clavical Bone

I had thyroid Cancer two years ago with a TT and RAI treatment. Since them I do neck checks frequently, over the last few months I have noticed my right clavical increasing in size. It does not hurt but is bothersome as it feels like it is pushing into my neck area. It is potruding at the point of where I believe the clavical meets with the sternum. I have had a neck and clavical x-ray as well as a chest x ray and the doctor says they are fine. I have seen two doctors and the first told me I probably broke my collar bone, something I think I would remember, and that the mass is normal- he diagnoised me with acquired clavical deformity- what is that if anyone knows? the second laughed at me whenI showed concern for it growing. He asked me if I wanted to push it back in. And part of me does, with a scar on my neck already I am a little self conscious about the area. I may be a little over reactive but from my past experience of thyroid cancer and doctors initially telling me I was just getting old, I was only 33, and thus I needed to learn to live with my symptoms. Again I feel that they are telling me to live with the uncomfortable feeling of the growth on my clavical. Any suggestions on how to approach this? What I can do? What it could be? I don't want to wait two years and find it to be some type of cancer as I did with my past thyroid cancer.

Old 09-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Growing Right Clavical Bone

It is totally insensitive for your Drs to laugh at your concerns, which are valid. Did you get a copy of the xrays report? I would. Thyroid cancer can metastasize to bone, so that is the obvious thing to rule out. Usually that would be painful, so the fact it is not is reassuring. I would probably return to the surgeon who did your thyroidectomy, and ask for a bone scan and any blood markers for your particular type of thyroid cancer, if there are any. That joint is also prone to arthritis, so the enlargement could be arthritis, but I think you want to know for sure. Sorry you are being dismissed like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
(male)

anabolics HB User
Re: Growing Right Clavical Bone

So doctors suggest you what type of medicine or exercise for Clavical Bone? clavical bone do what if it get increase?

Reply Reply