It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
(male)

lilwaynoe HB User
Am I able to walk after 6-week recovery?

Hi guys,
I've fractured my right ankle (fibula) from a snowboarding accident at the end of season, and had surgery on 29/11, currently got 5 screws in my leg.

My second consultation + physio-therapy's on 10/12, and my flight is at arvo right after that, I am really worried about my trip now. The reason why Im still going for my trip cos the doctor was very optimistic about the recovery and my trip on my first consultation about 3 or 4 weeks ago.

I havenot put any weight on after surgery, and have been using all sorts of calcium supplement, arnica symphytum drops etc.. So I am quite happy about the bone recovery.

I tried putting foot down yesterday, but it was really painful and felt a needle poking my heel.

Shall I keep practising "walking" at home? So that i'm able walk on my own by 10/12? Cos I guess it's a progressive process. Or shall I cancel my entire trip (3-week) now?

Cheers guys

Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
(male)

ozil1988 HB User
Smile Re: Am I able to walk after 6-week recovery?

I broke my fibula on May 5th 2012 during soccer, had surgery on May 7th, Started Physiotherapy on June 20th until early July 2012, was able to go to class in a walking boot on July 4th.

I say if you want to quickly recover, you have to practice walking at home EVERYDAY (after your doctor or physiotherapist had given you the green light of course) , with support or without support. I practiced walking in a walking boot and do strengthening exercises recommended by my physiotherapist on a daily basis, I was able to go back to play soccer late August 2012.

Stay strong, its a long and boring process for recovery, especially if you have trips and fun stuff planned, but for 6 weeks, the surgery swelling had not completely gone, so I suggest you cancel your trip. I know it sucks to be missing out on things like these, but you will have time to go again after u have fully recovered !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 AM   #3
(male)

dredwinf HB User
Re: Am I able to walk after 6-week recovery?

Stay robust, its a protracted and boring method for recovery, particularly if you've got journeys and fun stuff planned, except for vi weeks, the surgery swelling had not utterly gone, therefore I recommend you cancel your trip. i do know it sucks to be missing out on things like these, however you'll have time to travel once more when u have absolutely recovered

Reply Reply