It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bone Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
(female)

babyblues3 HB User
broke wrist 3/7

I've posted before but I keep having problems with the wrist. I broke and displaced both wrist bones in my right wrist. I had them set twice. Splint/cast total of 6 weeks. Have had swelling(major swelling) since I broke it. Cast came off yesterday and it is just as swollen. I switched doctors because I was not happy with doctor #1. Doctor #2 can't believe I didn't have surgery. He said he would have done surgery. Needless to say my hand/wrist does not bend down at all.Very painful very swollen. Is it too late for surgery? Should I have surgery?
Thank you

Old 04-21-2013, 10:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ozfan79 HB Userozfan79 HB Userozfan79 HB User
Re: broke wrist 3/7

I broke my wrist several years ago and had a cast on for 9 weeks. I also broke the middle knuckle of my hand in a different accident and had a cast on for 14 weeks. If the bones were healed enough that the cast was removed, I wouldn't think surgery would be helpful at this point. Pain and swelling after cast removal is not uncommon. It will take some time for you to regain full function. Were you given any stretching exercises to do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

babyblues3 HB User
Re: broke wrist 3/7

I have been doing exercises for 3 weeks now. Tomorrow I start my first session without my cast. I can't even imagine what that's going to feel like.

Reply Reply