It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2001, 11:26 AM   #1

scaredycat HB User
Unhappy poo problems! help!

Please help! My boyfriend is having these symptoms for the past 3 weeks. When he goes to the bathroom, his movements are very small in diameter, and he is always feeling like he has to go. It's like it all never comes out. He has diarrea every other day that is very mucousy. Anyone know what this sounds like or what he should do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2001, 12:21 PM   #2

chris c HB User
Your boyfriend needs to see a doctor asap. Any change in bowel habbit needs investigation. There a number of things it could be not necesarily all bad but this needs to be sorted.
Chris

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-01-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
Inactive

norfin HB User
Cool

I agree with Chris. Have your Dr. check for IBS, (Irritable Bowel Sindrome). He will probably need to have a sigmoidscopy or colonoscopy done to find the problem. It's not that bad though I had it done. It will put your boyfriend at ease in knowing what it is and what can be done about it. Good Luck to ya. Keep us posted. Norfin

Old 09-01-2001, 06:05 PM   #4
quest2001

A doctors visit would be a good idea....How are his eating habits? Sounds to me like constipation, and the mucous can be caused from too much straining to go...Lots of water, fresh fruit, salad, prune juice, apple juice, grape juice.....take care.

Old 09-08-2001, 05:29 PM   #5

chinadoll66102 HB User
I have to agree it definatly sounds like IBS. Has your boyfrind been under alot of stress latly? That can cause it. Still, go to the doc, just to have it disagnosed. Feeling like you have to go, but it doesn't all come out is a tell tale sign of IBS. Plus, mucus is another one. Another one is alll of the sudden, you have the urgency and cramping to go. However, if there is EVER blood (besides a hemmroid) that is NOT IBS and needs to be checked out pronto.

Old 10-13-2001, 06:04 PM   #6
Veteran

Taratwo HB User
Tell your bf to consume more fiber.

Old 10-15-2001, 10:19 AM   #7
Inactive

Karla HB User
Milk of Magnesia is one thing my dr. recomends. If that isn't giving satisfactory relief you may want to buy a box or two of "Fleet Enigmas" and assist him with one. Then once he goes he needs to consider why he got in this situation. should he add a laxative to his daily routine, rouffige, exercise, ?? Is there a reason he is constipating? sick, on medicines (side effect), just the way he is? The answers to those questions will answer the previous questions.

Old 10-18-2001, 09:44 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
In todays world most of us don't eat the right kind of food. We just don't get enough FIBER in our diet. You really have to make an effort to get enough and the right kind. The basic problem is we just eat too much processed food.

Your GI tract is suppose to have enough fiber because that is what make it function propely. I suggest you take a water soluble fiber like Metamucil or Citrucel. It is a bulk stool forming agent and it is safe to take daily. Ever after He is checked out by a Doctor this is a good thing to do!!!

Harry

Closed Thread