It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2003, 09:38 PM   #1
Inactive

ilaugh@myself.why HB User
Frequent Bowel Movements/Constipation/Feeling Faint On Toilet

hello, i need your opinion on this matter.

thru the day, i usually get the urge to have a bowel movement up to 5-6 times.. about 2 of these are usually successful.. sometimes more..

they seem to come out in small sections.. it's like alotta the time, i'm not having a complete bowel movment..
i've heard it's supposed to be basically one long link, and once it's out, the sensation should be over with..
not with me however..
sometimes it comes out in several uneven links.. sometimes it's almost like large pellets.. sometimes it's almost diarreah it comes out so easily..
then other times it seems to only be mucous that's coming out.. altho the sensation to have an actual bowel movement will still be there..

now i'm wondering if this is some form of constipation? why would i be getting all of these urges to go? and they never seem to get the job totally done..

i'm about 5'11" and 155 lbs.. i've already had a "digital exam" in which the dr. inserted his finger and felt around for any abnormalities.. then gave me the blood test and found there to be no blood present in my bowels..

also noteable:
1. sometimes when i'm on the toilet, i get very faint feeling.. sometimes i even break out in a sweat.. and this isn't relative to how long i've been on the toilet.. 'cause i do tend to spend up to a half-hour waiting for that "scratch" to be "itched".. but it can happen when i've only spent an average amount of time on the toilet.. say, 5 minutes..

2. sometimes b4 a bowel movement i get intense pain in my lower abdomen that seems to be relieved by getting to the toilet.. this also made me suspicious of some problem with constipation maybe..

so.. thanks if you stuck with me thru this post..
any ideas? like i said.. i've already been to the dr. about it.. and they directed me to change my eating habits and add Metamucil.. (i've neglected the Metamucil tho)

-Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
Inactive

is this an original?

Old 11-07-2003, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

Heather1977 HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilaugh@myself.why
is this an original?

I have alot of the same symptoms as you. I feel the need to have a bowel movement frequently, and even if i have one I feel I still need to go. I have fainted many times on the toilet also. I know when I am going to do it because I get hot and sweaty. I feel that I need to lie in the floor but I am afraid to get up because the urge to have a bowel movement is so strong. I recently had a colonoscopy(the best thing I have ever done) and found out I have Crohns Disease. I am going to a new gastro doc tuesday so hopefully she can give me meds to help. You are not alone. Please have yourself checked out. Your symptoms are in no way normal.

God Bless,
Heather

Old 11-07-2003, 08:20 PM   #4
Inactive

jeez i better make an appointment b4 i actually get to the point of fainting!

Old 11-07-2003, 08:29 PM   #5
(female)

Heather1977 HB User
Yes please make an appt. They will probably have you do a colonoscopy. I don't know if you have had one, but they are a peice of cake. Prep is the hard part. Let me know how everything goes. It's really bad to get to the point where you need your spouse to go to the bathroom with you to make sure you don't hit the floor..lol. I am lucky to be married to a man who will literally hold my hand while I go..lol.

Heather

Old 11-07-2003, 11:30 PM   #6
Inactive

Wink at this time i will disregard all mental pictures!

yes you're very lucky..

i haven't had anything other than a digital exam.. i feel a little um, against having something snuck up my exit.. i'm afraid of crapping on the device.. *ahem* pardon my worst case scenario.

my doctor heard the symptoms and instructed me to change my diet and do that Metamucil thing.. but i'd feel better if something like Crohn's or UC was ruled out, since it seems to be the only things other than IBS that could possibly make sense..

Last edited by ilaugh@myself.why; 11-07-2003 at 11:31 PM.

Old 11-08-2003, 11:15 AM   #7
(female)

Heather1977 HB User
If you have to have a colonoscopy don't worry. It really is painless. I was totally out of it and don't remember a thing. Most ppl on this board had the same experience with a colonoscopy that I did. The only bad part is the day before the procedure.

Heather

Old 11-09-2003, 09:21 PM   #8
Inactive

thanks alot for talking to me.. it means alot!

it's stilll my *** tho.

Old 11-09-2003, 09:52 PM   #9
(female)

Heather1977 HB User
I'll tell you the same thing my doctor told me. It's your life. If you are happy not knowing something could be wrong and get worse without treatment and possibly be life threatning then so be it. It's all in your hands.

Just take care of yourself and you will be in my prayers.

God Bless,
Heather

Closed Thread