It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 11:20 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10
TurboBry77 HB User
Eat, then poop right away

Hey all, For most my life i have always had a fast metabolism. But basically as my post says typically when i eat out, normally 5mins after i have to hit the bathroom, somtimes almost instantly, it most normally isnt diarehea or anything like that just have to poop, no mucus (once in a while will see some stringy lookin stuff), blood etc.. Its always been a big part in my life because i hate to go out and eat with friends fam etc, then dissapear after dinner and spend 10 mins in the bathroom, not to mention having to deal with the fact if the bathroom is dirty as hell etc.

I tend to eat fairly healthy, no fast food or greasy food, no spicy etc, it doesnt seem to be one type of food over another that triggers it, i do find that it occurs more when eating out, but i think this is also a mental trigger i have too, where i know when im at home, there is the home toilet advantage etc.

I also usually get hit with the poop pains when i wake up every morning for work around 6am, i try not to eat past 8pm and go to the bathroom before bed but every morning it hits me, somtimes its like i have the urge to go in the morning but cant, then sure enough halfway to work it hits me and i have to stop at a Mcdonalds and go, and then with all these instances once i go, im usually fine, its just the urgency and my nerves really get the best of me, where i thnk i could not find a bathroom, not be able to hold it etc, start deep breathing.

Do you think that i have a diet defficiency? Fiber? I tried before taking like 1 pepto or Immodium a day and that did nothin but clog me up then cause even more problems, doesnt seem like IBS cuz i dont really have constipation, but i could be wrong. Im a 26 y/o male, and doesnt IBS seem to affect women more?

Any input is much appreciated.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-15-2003, 01:51 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 31
bono HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Some people say you might have IBS because of the fact that you go to the bathroom when you awake or even after you eat. I read somehwere that food in large amounts can stimulate a bowel movement in 30 -60 minutes, people with IBS that urge can be much quicker in 10-15 minutes.

Adding fiber could help or make it worse, It might help create a more natural urge. The goods news is you don't have mucus or loose stools.
Read my post tell me what you think of my problems. Hope I was a little help. Stomach conditions suck man.

 
Old 12-15-2003, 02:32 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: rockville
Posts: 274
gillian30 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

I doubt it's this, but wanted to mention Crohn's Disease, because the urge to have a bowel movement after eating like that is very much a Crohn's symptom. But unless you have other symptoms as well, like weight loss or pain in the abdomen, I wouldn't stress about it too much.
__________________
gillian

 
Old 12-15-2003, 03:06 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10
TurboBry77 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillian30
I doubt it's this, but wanted to mention Crohn's Disease, because the urge to have a bowel movement after eating like that is very much a Crohn's symptom. But unless you have other symptoms as well, like weight loss or pain in the abdomen, I wouldn't stress about it too much.
That is the thing I read on Crohns and said hmm that sounds like my symptom of having to go right away, but i had nothing else, never any abdomin pain, have been around 155-160 weight and always maintain it. So im thinking thats just how my body is and have to deal with it, just sucks to have stomach issue like that.

 
Old 12-18-2003, 10:23 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 117
Memilee HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Just thought I'd chime in that I have had the same problem for my whole life. So does my father so it may be genetic. But it is embarrassing to go out to eat with friends, because I have to excuse myself right after the meal, or sometimes even in the middle of it. It really sucks! Glad I'm not alone!

 
Old 12-18-2003, 10:28 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10
TurboBry77 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Glad you chimed in, it does suck doesn't it! My father and brother are the same too, seems to have skipped my other brother, and definately doesn't come from my mothers side of the family. My brother and father seem to be a bit better at controlling it then me, somtimes i get anxiety over it... phew need a Xanax thinkin about it haha. After the holidays though i am going to visit my doctor and see if maybe one of the pills out now for IBS can help or if i can get some samples etc.... anything would be nice.

It just sucks when you go out with a bunch of friends etc and everyone is having a good time and all i can think about in the back of my head is does this place have clean bathrooms.

 
Old 12-18-2003, 07:42 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 117
Memilee HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

LOL, I totally know where you are coming from... i'm sure people think I'm crazy or something, or maybe bullimic since I'm always running to the bathroom after I eat. Its weird that my brother and father have the same problem but not my mom either. And I'm female so thats weird too. Anyway good luck and let me know if you find a "cure"!

 
Old 12-19-2003, 08:03 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10
TurboBry77 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memilee
LOL, I totally know where you are coming from... i'm sure people think I'm crazy or something, or maybe bullimic since I'm always running to the bathroom after I eat. Its weird that my brother and father have the same problem but not my mom either. And I'm female so thats weird too. Anyway good luck and let me know if you find a "cure"!
Im definately determined to find somthing, here i am 26 years old and jsut now starting to look for somthing. Its crazy though because there are times now and then when its not a problem but the majority of the time it is.

 
Old 12-20-2003, 04:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 117
Memilee HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

I know what you mean... it's silly that I've been living with this all my life and I'm just NOW realizing that this is a problem that most people don't have...

 
Old 12-20-2003, 05:00 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: U.S.A.
Posts: 1,200
SusanGene HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBry77
Hey all, For most my life i have always had a fast metabolism. But basically as my post says typically when i eat out, normally 5mins after i have to hit the bathroom, somtimes almost instantly, it most normally isnt diarehea or anything like that just have to poop, no mucus (once in a while will see some stringy lookin stuff), blood etc.. Its always been a big part in my life because i hate to go out and eat with friends fam etc, then dissapear after dinner and spend 10 mins in the bathroom, not to mention having to deal with the fact if the bathroom is dirty as hell etc.

I tend to eat fairly healthy, no fast food or greasy food, no spicy etc, it doesnt seem to be one type of food over another that triggers it, i do find that it occurs more when eating out, but i think this is also a mental trigger i have too, where i know when im at home, there is the home toilet advantage etc.

I also usually get hit with the poop pains when i wake up every morning for work around 6am, i try not to eat past 8pm and go to the bathroom before bed but every morning it hits me, somtimes its like i have the urge to go in the morning but cant, then sure enough halfway to work it hits me and i have to stop at a Mcdonalds and go, and then with all these instances once i go, im usually fine, its just the urgency and my nerves really get the best of me, where i thnk i could not find a bathroom, not be able to hold it etc, start deep breathing.

Do you think that i have a diet defficiency? Fiber? I tried before taking like 1 pepto or Immodium a day and that did nothin but clog me up then cause even more problems, doesnt seem like IBS cuz i dont really have constipation, but i could be wrong. Im a 26 y/o male, and doesnt IBS seem to affect women more?

Any input is much appreciated.
Sounds like my nervousness problem I had before I started on antidepressants.
The nervousness hits the intestines like, suddenly ! It was awful. Very inconvenient and could be embarrassing like when hunkered in the back seat w/the new mother in law? Yikes; it was bad news.
I bet you are the nervous type, right?
__________________
Susan Gene

 
Old 12-20-2003, 06:25 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10
TurboBry77 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanGene
Sounds like my nervousness problem I had before I started on antidepressants.
The nervousness hits the intestines like, suddenly ! It was awful. Very inconvenient and could be embarrassing like when hunkered in the back seat w/the new mother in law? Yikes; it was bad news.
I bet you are the nervous type, right?
Yep i am definately the nervous type, anxiety can also hit me like a son of a gun!

 
Old 12-22-2003, 09:04 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 48
Gingerly HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBry77
Hey all, For most my life i have always had a fast metabolism. But basically as my post says typically when i eat out, normally 5mins after i have to hit the bathroom, somtimes almost instantly, it most normally isnt diarehea or anything like that just have to poop, no mucus (once in a while will see some stringy lookin stuff), blood etc.. Its always been a big part in my life because i hate to go out and eat with friends fam etc, then dissapear after dinner and spend 10 mins in the bathroom, not to mention having to deal with the fact if the bathroom is dirty as hell etc.

I tend to eat fairly healthy, no fast food or greasy food, no spicy etc, it doesnt seem to be one type of food over another that triggers it, i do find that it occurs more when eating out, but i think this is also a mental trigger i have too, where i know when im at home, there is the home toilet advantage etc.

I also usually get hit with the poop pains when i wake up every morning for work around 6am, i try not to eat past 8pm and go to the bathroom before bed but every morning it hits me, somtimes its like i have the urge to go in the morning but cant, then sure enough halfway to work it hits me and i have to stop at a Mcdonalds and go, and then with all these instances once i go, im usually fine, its just the urgency and my nerves really get the best of me, where i thnk i could not find a bathroom, not be able to hold it etc, start deep breathing.

Do you think that i have a diet defficiency? Fiber? I tried before taking like 1 pepto or Immodium a day and that did nothin but clog me up then cause even more problems, doesnt seem like IBS cuz i dont really have constipation, but i could be wrong. Im a 26 y/o male, and doesnt IBS seem to affect women more?

Any input is much appreciated.
I don't think that this is something that you just have to live with. There could be many things causing your problem. Have you heard of 'motility' disorders? There is a test called 'gastric emptying test.' You may want to ask your gastro doctor to order this test for you. It will show how fast or how slow your food is digesting. The test doesn't hurt at all and it's pretty easy. They give you something like scrambled eggs with some stuff on it (you can't taste it) so it lights up for them to see how fast the eggs pass through you. All you have to do is lay on the table and this camera like machine comes down on you like an x-ray close to your stomach and follows the eggs as they pass through you. Also, do some research on motility disorders on the web. They can also do a upper and lower GI test on you. A cat scan would be another test to check for abnormailities. Generally an MRI doesn't work on the abdomen, because it moves too much for the scanning.

Also, you could be taking some medication that is causing this to happen. I know when I was on anti-depressants (Effexor XR) I would go the bathroom at least 15 times a day. When I took myself off of them, guess what? No more going to the bathroom all day and night - back to normal. You could have food allergies and not even know it either. Your body is reacting to food some how, and there must be a cause. I know that for slow motility they can make the opening from the stomach to the small intestine bigger. In your case, maybe it needs to be made smaller. I know surgery doesn't sound like the best option, but... There also could be a parasite in you - like Giardias. You would need to have a stool test for this.

Hope some or any of this helps you. We all live in too much fear these days because of the shape the world is in - and you have extra fears (fear of no bathroom handy) adding to your life. Please see a gastro doctor - they may refer you to a motility specialist. Take care.
Gingerly

Last edited by Gingerly; 12-22-2003 at 09:10 AM.

 
Old 11-28-2004, 08:55 PM   #13
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1
BW001 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

I sometimes have this problem like the others say it has to be genetics. I also believe its an anxiety, mental and a phobic thing. I'm going to start a new job and im embarrssed cuz the office is literally a 12X12 room and the bathroom is in the middle of all of us and theres 4 of us and im the only girl. What if i have to go number 2...lol how embarrissing.. I use to not go out to eat with anyone at all because i was afraid of this. but since i've been talking zoloft i've gotten much better. I can go out to eat but i will only eat very little. and it depends on who it is. Have you talked to your doctor about this? I know for a fact its a mental thing... It's some sort of anxiety I think its called arognophobia. Anyway this probably won't help but at least you know your not the only one.

 
Old 11-29-2004, 05:55 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 10
TurboBry77 HB User
Re: Eat, then poop right away

Yeh i definately think its a genetic thing, more then half my family same problem. I too started taking Zoloft to help with it a few months ago and it's definately gotten better, I still have to go frequently but my nerves are much more calm so I dont get the panicky urgency i used too. I also just started taking (Librax)sp? last week, so we'll see if that helps me out some.

Last edited by TurboBry77; 11-29-2004 at 05:56 AM.

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
suffering with smelling bad henerita45 Bowel Disorders 33 11-01-2010 03:40 PM
Another bad yeast infection & holding poop making it worse Brooke85 Children's Health 0 01-26-2009 09:52 PM
what makes yellow poop go away yoyogrl86 Bowel Disorders 2 10-07-2008 03:44 PM
I need help with my 1 1/2 yr old playing this his poop juliansmommy913 Parenting Issues 7 05-12-2008 10:47 PM
4 yr. old won't poop in potty KissAmeGal Parenting Issues 12 07-04-2007 06:57 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



flipfleury (33), solofelix (26), Babygirl43 (19), rufous57 (19), ladybud (16), sonray (15), quincy (15), TacomaGuy (14), sjb (13), nomorefissure (10)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1005), Apollo123 (906), Titchou (850), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (759), ladybud (755), midwest1 (669), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:18 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!