It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 12:26 PM   #1

bruised HB User
Lower abdominal pain and pressure

I've been having lower abdominal pain for the last 3 days.There's alot of pressure when I sit down or go pee.{I'm a woman}It doesn't burn,hurt to go pee,it doesn't feel like I still have to go,just alot of pressure.When I get off the toilet there's pressure in my lower abdominal.It is VERY painful on my left lower side and is going to the Right lower side.Under my belly button I feel odd twistings and it hurts also.It's all along my lower half.If you press down on either side or middle,I get a crampy pain under the ribs and bottom of upper stomach.If I lay on my left side the twisting in my middle lower half HURTS!If I sit up it hurts.When I walk or sit down the pain on both sides start to hurt.Any part of my lower half hurts to touch it.It's very very tender.

Old 12-29-2003, 05:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: Lower abdominal pain and pressure

It sounds like you have trapped gas that is causing spasms as well as cramping.

I suggest that you start taking a water soluble fiber supplement like Metamucil. It will bulk up your stool and cause you to have regular gentle BMs w/o straining. But, you will get more gas when you first start because it is natrual and does ferment but the gas will go away with continued use. Start off slow and drink enough water daily and particularly with each dose.

Another thing spasms and cramping is also caused by a lack of Magnesium in your diet. There are some good ones on the Market --- glycinate, aparate, oratate, citrate are Good. We all usually get enough calcium but it is believed that at least 75% of the people in the States are magnesium deficient and it's probably the same in Canada.

God Bless---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 12-29-2003 at 05:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 03:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

Marimac HB UserMarimac HB User
Re: Lower abdominal pain and pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruised
I've been having lower abdominal pain for the last 3 days.There's alot of pressure when I sit down or go pee.{I'm a woman}It doesn't burn,hurt to go pee,it doesn't feel like I still have to go,just alot of pressure.When I get off the toilet there's pressure in my lower abdominal.It is VERY painful on my left lower side and is going to the Right lower side.Under my belly button I feel odd twistings and it hurts also.It's all along my lower half.If you press down on either side or middle,I get a crampy pain under the ribs and bottom of upper stomach.If I lay on my left side the twisting in my middle lower half HURTS!If I sit up it hurts.When I walk or sit down the pain on both sides start to hurt.Any part of my lower half hurts to touch it.It's very very tender.
Another suggestion is that you may have a hernia. Most people do not think of women as getting hernias but they can and do. An abdominal hernia would probably manifest in the area of the umbilicus and would direct painful nerve endings to the rest of the stomach and gut. It would also not be relieved by gas reducers and might be dangerous to take a laxative or stool softener until you contact your doctor. 3 days is not a very long wait but if it still hurts in a week, you need to see a good general practioner for starters.

Old 12-30-2003, 07:37 PM   #4
Inactive

isolated one HB User

When ever I'm able to see a post about lower abdominal pain, I try to share my experience. I had on and off lower abdominal pains in different specific locations for about two years. Mostly, it was mild but it did get severe two times. The second time this happened, I ended up in the ER and had my appendix removed. Appendicitis symptoms can sometimes be hard to identify and can flare up and subside before the final severe attack happens.

Old 12-30-2003, 10:17 PM   #5

bruised HB User

I went to the doctor yesterday and I had to have a urine sample for my bladder.He did a pelvic,and no cysts,he just said it was my bladder.Don't know anything until the results come back.It's not a bladder infection though.As for the twisting,The doctor felt a "fatty hernia".It's under the belly button area.I've had 2 c sections and he made an appt with the doctor that did the surgery for me to see him.The doctor I will see in the new year is a gynocologist.So I don't know why I'm seeing him for the fatty hernia?I'll keep you updated.

Old 12-31-2003, 12:52 PM   #6

bruised HB User

I got some results back.I have a low white blood cell,Blood in urine and leukocytes in urine.They still don't know yet what's wrong,but I should find out by next week.But I don't think I can hold on for that long.I'm starting to get crampy along my lower half.I'll keep you updated!

Old 12-31-2003, 02:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Lightbulb Re: Lower abdominal pain and pressure

The blood in your urine are the symptoms of a urinary tract infection--- Bladder or Kidney. Usually it burns when urinating but sometimes it doesn't.

I think You need to be on an antibiotic-- like Cipro and drink lots of water or cranberry juice.

If your Doctor won't give you anything a very good homeopathic remedy is Berberis Vulgaris any potency you can find--- taken like it says on the container and drink cranberry juice. You can buy the Homeopathic remedy at a GOOD health food store.

I wish you well---Harry

Old 01-09-2004, 01:32 PM   #8

bruised HB User

For the last year and 2 months I've had the pain that never goes away along my lower half.It's been tender constantly.I was told a yr ago it was a hernia.I saw a surgeon and he told me it wasn't.So times gone on for too long with this.As I mentioned above about the bladder pressure,inflammation and infection came back negative.So I saw a gyno last week.He checked me out because of this lower pain.He felt the lump I've been after everyone to check out.He said it could be endomitriam of the abdominal wall.So I had an ultrasound yesterday.I layed on my back and the technician could not find the lump.But upon standing,she found it.She then called in the doctor to check it out.She did the ultrasound with the doctor present and of course the don't tell you anything.But I was listening.He said to the technician."That's bowel.There's the neck.There's the sac.There's the abdominal wall."So I asked him"whatever I have,can it cause me to vomit?"He said "it can"I asked can it cause alot of tenderness?"He replied"yes".So nothing else was said except I had to see my doctor in person for the results in 2 days.{Monday}So I know that a hernia has a neck sac.I've read diverticulits can have a neck.I think endomitrium of the abdominal wall is out of the question.So does any one have any ideas on what this could be?It's freaking me out because it's taken so long to figure this out,that whatever is going on could be out of control because of 1 yr and 2 months of finding "this mystery!"Anybody please??

Old 01-09-2004, 07:41 PM   #9

rfriend HB User

I am sorry to hear about your pain. I know how it can be. I have a current infection of diverticulitis and had similar symptoms. However I did not have any problems with foreign matter in my urine. My cramping started at the end of my cycle and after my cycle was over the cramping continued. I called my doctor and we could not determine if it was female problems or bowel problems. Anyway, it turned out to be diverticulitis. A few weeks later I went to the gyno doc and he said that he thougth that I had a reoccurence of endometreosis (SP?), which I have a history of. He said that my uterus was pushed to the right and part of it was collapsed. When I had the ultrasound, laying down, they couldn't find the mass even thought he could feel it during the exam. But when I had the CT scan it showed an abcess right on top of my uterus. I also had a colonoscopy and a barrium enema and all three of those test showed diverticula and you can see the necking on them. When I urinate (while I am going) I feel a tremondous amount of pressure on my bladder and no burning and no pain before or after going. It was hard to say where the pain was because it felt like it had traveled across my entire lower ab. I hope for your sake that it is not diverticular disease but I hope they are able to diagnose you soon. I don't know of any of this helped but when I read your experience and symptoms it sounded all too familiar

Good Luck!
RFriend

Old 01-09-2004, 10:02 PM   #10

bruised HB User

I thank you for responding about the diverticulitis.Did you have little lumps that felt like a knobby finger?Did you have a tender feeling across your whole lower half?If so, did it hurt to even wash your hands over a sink?Did you ever have a twisting feeling like something was twisting?If you layed on your side and got up did it hurt?Bowel movement wise,were you constipated?I'm not,but my bowels have been soft,not hard for the last yr.Not diarhea,but soft.I did have a colonoscopy back in May.So please if you can respond again that would be very appreciated!I've been reading on this as well and that's why I'm interested in others responses.Again I'm only 27 and female.I take anti vomit/nausea pills because I seem to vomit every once in a while.Almsot like food isn't digesting properly.I bloat up to, I swear, 9 months pregnant.It's horrible.When the food doesn't digest,it sits in my upper gut and I get sick.The pain is mainly on my lower left side but goes to my right side.It's just a constant tenderness,like something is definately wrong.And then those little lumps{I felt another today}Which I can feel 2,worry the you know what out of me.Any thing is welcome.

Last edited by bruised; 01-09-2004 at 10:11 PM.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:53 AM   #11

rfriend HB User

I am not a doctor by any means or an expert in this feild but I must say that we have had many of the same sypmtoms. All of my pain and tenderness is below my belly button, mostly on the left side, some in the middle, and at times some cramping on the right side. The doctors think that I have scar tissue from the endometreosis on the right side, they won't know for sure unitl I have the colon resection done (both my gyno and the suergon that I see will be there foe the surgery). I have not felt any of the diverticula myself (except for the abcess) but my gyno doc could feel "small masses", but I don't know if he felt them or something else. Right now I have a drain going into an abcess that is right on top of my uterus. However, I have been having episodes of diverticulitis on and off, mostly on, since the 4th of July. And when the infection is active I can't sit still, lay still, or even stand still. sometimes it hurts for me to walk, drive, or bend. They belive that diverticula are formed form being constipated and I can say for myself that I have never (thank god) been constipated before. I have always had several bms a day(4 to 8) and they are always soft and not formed, but not diarrhea. When I have an infection my stomach is bloated and it hurts when I have a bm, It also feels litle I need to go all the time or like I need to pass a large amount of gas, but never do. I don't know how long it takes for the diverticulum to form but I had a colonoscopy in December of 2001 and it showed nothing, now all of the tests I have had recently, including the colonoscopy, have shown an abundence of diverticula. They are mosty on my sigmoid, but there are some on the descending and the transverse. All of these developed in a year and a half. However I almost always pass blood and mucus with my stool. I am a vegaterian and I eat much more fiber than the typical person, not sure if I met the recommended daily dose though. I only vomited a few times but I felt sick to my stomach a lot. I pretty much stopped eatting or ate very little because I felt so sick. Since this all started I have lost 32 pounds, and not by trying. I ecourage you to keep researching on diverticular disease. Strange as it may be I too am a 27 year old female. Hope that some of this helps.

Good luck,
RFriend

Last edited by rfriend; 01-10-2004 at 10:17 AM.

Old 01-13-2004, 11:44 AM   #12

hello_hello HB User

I don't know a lot about hernia's or any of the other ailments others have mentioned but I have poly cystic ovarian disease and I get pains like the ones you are talking about.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:46 AM   #13

bruised HB User

I got my results on Monday from the ultrasound.It said on the report there is a confirmed small hetrogenous structure measuring 13 by 6 by 13mm and is situated in the midline of the abdominal wall.The possibility could represent a small hernia of fat.But I still have to have a CT scan to see confirm this.So they will check for endomitria of abdominal wall or hernia.So I'm glad they found something and it wasn't in my head.Just the worries I've been wondering.So the wait goes on....

Old 01-21-2004, 05:04 PM   #14

bruised HB User

Just thought I'd update this.I saw the surgeon today and he said I have endomitrioma.How this happened was I've had 2 c/sections.The last was in 2000.What happens is that when they open me up there is risk of infection as in any surgery.So when they went to suture me back,there were some cells that "got loose"To say.So the cells implanted themselves on my abdominal wall.Therefore making a lump.What the surgeon must do is he must go back over the c/section line through the fat and right through the abdominal muscles to get at the lump.They take the lump out and send it to a pathologist.Meanwhile they will also look into my left and right sided pain.He thinks that when they had me open,some of the nerves may have gotten trapped, therefore leaving a tender feeling.So they'll explore that.Recovery time should be about 4weeks.He said that this recovery will be alot different than a c/section recovery time.So thanks for the replies and wish me well!YEEHAW!!!tHEY FINALLY FOUND MY PROBLEM!

Closed Thread