It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 12:17 PM   #1

super fluke HB User
small lump under skin on inner edge of rectum?

so i was scrubbing in the shower and noticed a sharp pain.. i @ first thought it was a hemmorhoid since i've had problems with them in the past..
but after checking for it again, i noticed a very small lump under the skin.. smaller than a small pea even..
i could actually squeeze it between two fingers and it's completely pain-free (the initial sharp pain was a cut from straining in a different area).. sorta moves under the skin too.

could it be a zit forming? on the inner edge of my rectum?
or should i be getting this looked @? it's probly a tumor and i have colon cancer huh?

sheesh.

PS. 19 years old, male, 5'9", 155 lbs. and for the most part healthy.

Last edited by super fluke; 01-09-2004 at 12:18 PM.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:49 PM   #2

super fluke HB User
Re: small lump under skin on inner edge of rectum?

okay. well. i'm just gonna assume it's a hemmorhoid.. i checked it out and it's a small blue bump, so i'm thinking, inflamed vein? sure, why not..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi,

I have the same thing. I would suggest to use cortisone cream you can buy over the counter a few times a day for a couple of days.

Mine goes up and down. I also have a fissure, plus UC. Nothing like being preoccupied with one's butt.

It's good you checked, what you're describing is an external hemorrhoid. A warm sitz bath helps to makes it feel better. The cortisone helps mine, and if it's really bad, I use the prescription Proctosetyl. Anusol is another option....I don't use any into the rectum, just apply it externally after washing.

Straining bms, extended periods of sitting/standing and not enough fibre in the diet can exacerbate them. Softening and bulking the stool with a soluble fibre supplement like Metamucil would help. Also, drink enough water and incorperate more physical activity (the "e" word )

Hope you feel better soon,
quincy

Old 01-11-2004, 07:23 PM   #4

super fluke HB User

thanks tons quincy
i needed that reassurance..

i think it's a combination of spending so much time @ a desk and strained BM's (which have already caused some small cuts/hemmorhoids)..

and man oh man did i feel cool back to the mirror, bending over, looking upside down from between my legs @ my butt!

-Ryan

Old 01-12-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Hi again,

I know...you have to look, many won't. Ya godda do watchya godda do! Squatting works better (if madonna can do it!) for a clearer perspective. It's better to know what you're dealing with than just guessing.

The little cuts are probably small fissures. Try the hydrocortisone (over the counter) for a few days. Make sure after bm's you do a wash (a hand shower is better, but there are now flushable wipes for when not at home). I have a friend who has fistulising crohn's who has since purchased a bidet. Like I said..preoccupied with our butts, but they can give us the most grief and distress. Best to take care of problems when they arise rather than waiting. Maintenance is the key.

Heal well and quickly!
quincy

Closed Thread