It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2004, 06:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User
Unhappy small lump in rectum

Hi all. About a week ago I felt a pain in my right leg and it felt like the pain was coming from my inside my rectum so I checked it out and found a small lump about an inch up on right side. A week later it is still there and the same size. What could it be? I heard that cancer grows quick and if a lump is cancerous it will grow, is this true? Can you get hemerohids in that area. Everything seems to be normal, although in the past I have had bowels that are pencil thin. When I eat frosted mini wheats my bowels look like coffee grounds and ocasionally when I eat steak I get a cramp in side that hurts so bad it will bring me to my knees then I use the bathroom and all is well.

Please give me your opinion. Thanks.

Derek

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2004, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: small lump in rectum

Derek,
The lump can be a hemorrhoid but you should get it checked out.

You probably need to get more fiber in your diet. All meat and seafood contain no fiber also all dairy products. Food that contains no fiber does not make your intestines function properly and can cause intestinal spasms and cramping w/o fiber.

I take a water soluble fiber supplement Metamucil --twice daily to make sure I get enough. A person needs 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily. Also, all fiber is not the same. Some fiber absorbs water and some just passes through without changing but you need both for your intestines to work right.

Another thing lack of Calcium and Magnesium in your diet can cause spasms as well as cramping in all muscles including your intestines. You may want to take a supplement.

Just 1 alcoholic drink increases the magnesium passed in your urine 5 times. So it's easy to get depleted and need magnesium. It is in every cell of your body and 67% of it is in your bones.

I wish you well---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2004, 10:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

Thanks Harry.
Later on that night the lump was gone but this morning it was back. Weird. I will try Metamucil. Being that it went down would that mean it is not cancer. I have never heard of a hemorrhoid being that far up.

Thanks

Derek

Last edited by moderator4; 02-28-2004 at 11:03 AM.

Old 02-28-2004, 11:18 AM   #4
(male)

HRH HB User

Hemorhoids can be anywhere in the rectum--- the rectum is about 8 inches long. But they are like varicose veins -- I guess they can start as a lump.

I agree with Harry you should have a Doctor give you a digital exam -- that is an exam with one finger

Hazel

Old 03-03-2004, 05:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

Bothrops HB User

OK, its been a week and it is still there. I started the fiber four days ago and every time I feel like I got to go is when it starts feeling a little painfull the pain is a dull ache mainly in my right leg in groin area. The lump is small and has not changed in size. It also does not move.

What could it be? I am unemployed and uninsured and would apreciate someone telling me all the posibilities and the chances of it being cancer. There has got to be a way to tell the diference between cancer, polyops, cyst, hemorohiods, etc. The fact that it does not move scares me, but maybe in that location none of the above would move.

Thank You

Derek

Closed Thread