It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2004, 03:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twisten HB User
back pains after a bowel movement

I hope someone on here has some advice for me as I can't get into my doc for a few weeks. The last few times I've had a bowel movement (even just trying to have one) I get a terrible pain in my lower back that seems to run down the back of my legs and almost a pulling feeling up my spine. Its really weird. The pain down my legs I get even just sitting but it is really bad when I try to have a bowel movement. Can anyone relate to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-16-2004, 08:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: back pains after a bowel movement

Twisten,
Pain that starts in the lower back and goes down the leg usually caused by nerves that come from the lower back call the sciatic nerves and go all the way to your heel. They can get irritated or inflammed for reasons some of which are just not known but I never heard of BMs bothering them.

I guess anything is possible -- it could be the way you sit on the toilet???-- but the pain is relieved by laying down and relaxing with warm compresses or a heating pad.

God Bless---Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2004, 11:00 AM   #3
(male)

greensky HB User
Re: back pains after a bowel movement

Hello Twisten
I can relate to some connection with bowels and back pain. I sometimes get some pain release after BM. And have also tried increased back pain after BM. I'm currently doing liver flushes and can get increased back pain until the gallstones pass witch then gives some pain relief. It looks to me like some irritation of the bowels has some influence on back pain.

If you need to use pressure for BM, this can also increase the pressure on your discs.

Closed Thread