It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2004, 08:34 PM   #1

feelingalone HB User
Lazy Bowel

Well lets see I am not sure how to ask this but I have a lazy bowel and I have heard it referred to as either Ileitis or crones deiease it is a family inherited condition that I have suffered seince birth and I am wondering is there any help otu there for Me by using herbs or anything most modern medicines out there I cant have for allergic reactions an sorts ...plus having addictions that I dont need back into I was wondering if there is anything out there that could help Me go to the bathroom more then once a month or once every two months cuz well this isreally getting way to painful for Me an its making My family and friends suffer fore I get in reallllllllly bad moods an put it out on them and I know its not their fault is there any help out there for Me???

feelingalone

Old 04-07-2004, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

countrygal HB User
Re: Lazy Bowel

Sorry to hear about your problems. Have you tried marilax or anything like that? Fresh fruits don't seem to help you? I dont have much to offer to help. I too have bowel problems but mine is a mal rotated bowel with IBS and all the good stuff that goes with it. Sorry i couldnt help .Hope someone will be able to help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2004, 04:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User

Try a product called "Experience". Do a web search for +Experience +Constipation, and you will find it. I started it last week, it's great.

Old 04-14-2004, 11:22 PM   #4

Kaylbe HB User

As a result of a connective tissue disorder, I ended up with severe constipation. I had developed a megacolon. It basically stopped functioning (ie. moving anything through.) I can relate to the 1-2 BM's a month... and they were horrible. While I've never been through child birth, I can't imagine it could be much worse.

After losing over 100 pounds in a year as a result of this condition, my doctors became agressive and suggested a total colectomy - removal of my large intestine (bowel.) They connected by small intestine to my rectum, leaving about 20 cm of bowel for "storage" of stool. I do not have a colostomy.

Yes... this was a drastic treatment, but my condition became bad enough to warrant it. Initially after the surgery I had 10 or so lose BM's a day... but it was not a problem. Go in, sit down, do my thing and I'm out of here! The bathroom trips eventually slowed down and within a year I was down to 1-2 pretty normal BM's a day. No more cramping, vomitting, passing out on the bathroom floor. I would even trade the 10+ BM's a day for what I endured the last year before my surgery.

Obviously this isn't the treatment for everyone. But prior to my doctor bringing it up as an option, I never knew this could be done. -- Kaylbe

Old 04-15-2004, 12:25 PM   #5

frank_pivo_1 HB User
////////////

Last edited by frank_pivo_1; 10-30-2005 at 11:54 AM.

Old 04-16-2004, 09:53 AM   #6

natasha25 HB User

get a thyroid test done ure ask for free t3 free t4 and tsh your tsh levels should be between 0.2-2.5 thats the new range if its over 2.5 it could be one of the reasons for your lazy bowels not enough thyroid hormone can make the systme sluggish .

Old 04-02-2005, 03:49 PM   #7
(female)

icarebear7 HB User

No Frank , Lazy bowel is when your bowels do not move the stool through it, The stool just sits in there. They get very hard. Cramping, and bloating and gas.

I too have lazy bowels, I have since birth. I have had no luck with taken extra fibre, because that just makes the stool harder. and it doesn'y move through the bowel.

If anyone knows of a way to soften the stool without taking a stool softener, Im all ears. HELP. I HURT!

Old 04-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #8
(female)

icarebear7 HB User

Natasha, I had my thyroid tested, its fine, I had all the tests. The doctors have nothing to tell me.

I'm still looking for answers.

Carebear

Closed Thread