It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2004, 09:57 AM   #1

gavmanio HB User
Unhappy Chronic constipation, white specs in stool!

For the past few months i have had chronic constipation and am finding specs that look exactly like sesame seeds in my stool. I know it cant be my diet because i have already tried changing it and laxitives are only a quick fix. I think i may have a worm however the doctor doesnt think so and refuses to give me medication to get rid of them . I have also got a constant hunger and my stool is in the form of hard pellets . What should i do?

Gav

Old 04-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #2

gavmanio HB User
Re: Chronic constipation, white specs in stool!

Does anyone know what this could be? I have found some cases with similar symptoms on the net but it didnt tell you what the source of the problem was and how to treat it . Any help would be appreciated very much.

Gav

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2004, 09:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kellie2 HB User

Hmm. Well, there are pin worms and tapeworms....with pin worms you would also have anal itching, mostly at night. If you don't, it's probably not that. Now, tapeworms are not very common but yes, you can get one, and it would leave the small specks in your stool that you're seeing, and would also cause you to have constant hunger. But like I said, that's not very common and the circumstances surrounding contracting one would be things such as - visiting another country and eating undercooked pork or even their fruit; if you have a pet, there's a chance the pet could have one which could be transferred to you. But there again, even if you had a dog with one, there would have to be something on the dog that got on your hand when you pet it, then transferred to your mouth via eating if you didn't wash your hands first. Have you recently gotten a puppy? Have you done any traveling outside of the country? If you answer no to these and honestly do not have anal itching, I would have to agree with your doctor.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:07 PM   #4
(female)

dsmith87 HB User

Did you ever find out what those white specs were? I think I have the same. Very tiny, round and white...many of them in every stool.

Old 03-16-2005, 07:20 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User

I would also like to know what the tiny round specs in stool are.....I was treated for h pylori and after treatment the stool sample showed the h pylori was cured. Nothing was said about the white specs, and they were visible to the naked eye. They are pure white and perfectly round. Anybody have a clue?

Closed Thread