It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

Zipity HB User
When should I start to worry about this diarrhea?

I have always had a "nervous stomach", panic attacks, etc. Since Sunday though, I've had diarrhea and I know it's not my normal. It's VERY loose and I've been running a fever. Saturday night I had slight diarrhea, but I thought it was just my "normal" Sunday, I started getting bouts of BAD diarrhea at about noon until 3pm. About that time, I started running a fever, by 7 it was up to 102.2. It broke and went back down to normal. I had stomach cramps Sunday night but no more diarrhea (I did take Pepto) Monday, I woke up, and it started all over again. Diarrhea followed by a fever. I haven't been eating anything but saltines since this started. I've been sipping on ginger ale and water. Tuesday wasn't as bad, but I still had a few bouts of diarrhea, and a slight fever. Today, I decided to try eating someone normal, so I started with chicken noodle soup. I IMMEDIATELY got stomach cramps and diarrhea. Then I went back to saltines. My family has been sick the past month...it's been going around. Some of my family members were vomiting, had diarrhea, some just diarrhea, so I think that's what I have also. But should it last 4 days like this?? I really don't FEEL bad. Normally when I'm sick, I feel weak and miserable and just feel like lying around, but the only thing that really makes me feel that bad is the fever, which has gone away. At what point should I start to worry about this, if it doesn't go away?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-14-2004, 08:47 PM   #2
(female)

Zipity HB User
Re: When should I start to worry about this diarrhea?

I think I solved the mystery. I was watching TV tonight, and the local news station reported a convenient store here in PA received some contaminated food from one of their vendors. Contaminated with SALMONELLA! I ate at said convenient store EVERY DAY last week! And the person on the news said people with salmonella get stomach cramps, diarrhea and fever! DING DING DING DING DING BULLLSEYE!!! That's IT! It has to be, because I've never had a stomach flu that's lasted THIS long!

Closed Thread