It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2004, 05:37 PM   #1

asdasd HB User
Hemorroids? help

Every 3 or 4 months or so, random bleeding will show up in my stool, or more apparent on toilet paper. But it goes away and doesn't bother me much. Not what you would call pain. Today, I had some pain, no blood though so I decided to take a lot. Right on the top of my anus is 2 small bumps that look black dark blue, and a hairline cut on one of them. What is this? Is there medication to take? Thanks for any replys,
James

Old 08-29-2004, 09:01 PM   #2

birhen HB User
Re: Hemorroids? help

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdasd
Every 3 or 4 months or so, random bleeding will show up in my stool, or more apparent on toilet paper. But it goes away and doesn't bother me much. Not what you would call pain. Today, I had some pain, no blood though so I decided to take a lot. Right on the top of my anus is 2 small bumps that look black dark blue, and a hairline cut on one of them. What is this? Is there medication to take? Thanks for any replys,
James

It mosty likely be hemmorhoids because of past symptoms of bleeding. I'm assuming that you have been having constipations because of the bleeding.
I experienced it quite a lot for a good while before and finally went through a painful test for colon cancer. They filled up my large intestine with iodine and took x-ray. I'm not sure if they still do it that way because that was 15 years ago. Thankfully it turned out negative. Anyway, you can pick up hemmorhoidal aids off the counter like TUCKS(you wipe with after BM) and ointment like PREPARATION H. It also helps a lot if you sit on a warm "sitzbath", a small tub device which are usually given to new mothers to take home but I think you can pick it up at a drugstore. You sit on this filled with warm water for 20 mins. or so every day until the hemmorhoids shrink. I suggest that you try pushing the hemmorhoids back in if it doesn't hurt too much. Eating a lot of food with fibers and also fruits like papaya sure helps soften your stools. I myself is thinking of colon cleansing but not sure yet what kind, there's several types and products. All in all though, I would suggest going to a doctor and have it checked up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2004, 12:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mel1977 HB User
Re: Hemorroids? help

hemmorhoids are inflammed blood vessels in the anus. When you are constipated, the stool pushes against this as well as straining, causing them to enlarge, become painful and bleed. Aside from the meds, there isn't much you can do. Hemmorhoids are very very common-don't fool with them though, leave them be, but a dr. visit won't hurt.

Closed Thread