It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Bowel Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2004, 07:53 AM   #1
(female)

landa4071 HB User
Peeing in my sleep last night

Ok I am very embaressed to say this - but I just want to post this to make sure nothing is wrong with me.

Last night while sleeping I was dreaming, I can't even remember now what the dream was about but I do feel now that it was scary. Well to my surprise as I was waking up I was feeling a werid pressure in my stomach area & I woke up peeing in the bed. I hadn't completly finished because I could feel the pressure of me holding it.

Just a little bit backgroud: this has NEVER ever happend before. I am a 22 year old female, I normally wake up in the morning with the pressure of having to use the restroom like any normal person. I can admit in the past there was times when I have woken up to go to the bathroom but being so tired I go back to bed, which then leads to the morning pee to be heavy & sometimes leaves a small ache in my stoamach for the next 10 min.

I didn't do anything yesterday that was out of the ordinally, so for this to happen was and still is very shocking to me. I was emabarresed to all stems because I live with my boyfreind and he was very shocked to see this too. At 2am I had to strip the bed of the sheets & blankets. It was so crazy.

I just don't know what happend. The only thing I can add to this is that we were sleeping with the fan on - Which is also normal but I do remember waking up with my legs feeling numb & very cold. Not all the way numb but you know like when your legs fall asleep, but very cold. Its about 8am now, almost 6 hours later and my legs still feel cold & I have a small pain in my lower stomach.

Can anyone help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-03-2004, 11:45 AM   #2
(female)

landa4071 HB User
Re: Peeing in my sleep last night

Does this mean no one knows or has any info on this -- I see that everyone is viewing it but not responding

Old 09-03-2004, 11:53 AM   #3
(female)

bm28 HB User

Hi! I don't know if this helps but the wife of the man that I work with was also having this problem and had to have lots of tests done and it turned out she had a kidney infection. I would think that this is similar to what you have. Good Luck.

Old 09-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

I would agree that it would be something wrong. Get a urine analysis done, you could have a kidney infection, bladder infection or urinary tract infection. It could even be a vaginal yeast infection.

Once you're diagnosed and being treated, consider to take acidophilus as well. It can help avoid yeast infection from antibiotics. Also, you might want to consider taking cranberry juice or cranberry capsules to keep your urine on the acidic level and help prevent future infections.

Kegel exercises will also help keep the muscles (that help hold in the urine) in good strong condition.

Let us know the outcome! Get well soon,
quincy

Old 09-04-2004, 07:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Yea I agree with the posters, you might just have an infection, especially if you say you have a pain in your lower stomach , it might be a bladder infection. I know that with a bladder infection one of the symptoms is the constant urge to go and you tend to go more often as well because it relieves the pain from it. Id say go to your doc and be checked completely , including your urine. Good luck hon and i hope its nothing more serious than that. Keep us posted.
Jen

Old 09-15-2004, 12:10 PM   #6
(female)

landa4071 HB User

I finally got my results back - And nothing was wrong. No Bladder, no urinary, no yeast infection. Nothing.

According to my doctor, she said it could have been just a very deep sleep I was in & that if I was stressed that could have added to it. I have never heard anything like this ever, so to me it was very shocking that it happend period. So far every time I wake up at night I go pee even if I don't feel the urge to go, I think this is helping me because usually in the morning I feel like I have been holding it for hours ( which I am in my sleep) So yeah - Thanks for everyone posting their thoughts & suggestions I am glad I was able to get over this stress & share my most embarrasing story with you guys.

Thanks again!

Old 09-15-2004, 12:43 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

Well, glad to hear it was not an infection or anything serious hon. And dont worry about it, im sure its happened to more people who just dont mention it. It was probably a one time thing and may not happen again. Just glad it wasnt anything serious.
Jen

Old 09-15-2004, 05:51 PM   #8
(female)

Ruffian29 HB User
Post Re: Peeing in my sleep last night

I'd have to say the same thing. My brothers girlfriend has had problems with needing to pee ALL the time, and she had sooo many tests done, turns out that she has a really small bladder and they have to streatch it. But she can't drink anything for a long time before she goes to bed becasue she can't make it through the night if she does.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #9
(female)

ladymusic23 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Peeing in my sleep last night

I don't know how long ago this happened to you. I was very embarrassed 2 nights ago when the same thing happened to me. I had a dream, it wasn't scarey. I just dreampt that I was doing normal around the house things and I think that I dreamt that I was going to the toilet because I woke up peeing. I hoped to God that I was only dreaming that I'd peed the bed but to my horror it really had happened.
I'm 23 and was never a bed wetter as a child so I was completely off set. I really don't think that anything is wrong with you. I live with my boyfriend as well and we had been trying to have a baby. I was wondering if it might be related to pregnancy or....there is something called stress induced incontinence. If your under a lot of stress I guess it causes your body to malfunction. It hasn't happend again so far but I'm kind of afraid to sleep too hard in fear that it will happen again. Also I had a miscarriage one time before and had gotten a D&C. I dont know if any sort of cervical surgeries would mess with bladder control. Why It would happen 5 months down the road...beats me. Let me know if you find anything out.

Closed Thread